Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2021 10:01:13 AM EDT
So two years ago almost I went on a Boy Scout camping trip I had a cheap D-size fan that I used in my tent that gave out from time to time but it was worth knocking it around to work during the night.

Big edit!!!! Fan battery powered off grid! Has to last 10 nights! Or HAS to be recharged by a solar!

Need to be able to be recharged by a Big blue solar panels!

Since I'm getting everything else like I have electric to charge a 20,40 or 80v battery. I'm camping not at work station. Not where there is easy electricity!
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have this fan and I like it.  I have several 20v batteries, and several other Dewalt 20v Tools.

DEWALT-20-Volt-Max-Jobsite-Fan-Battery-Not-Included

Edit - It is cheaper on Amazon.

Hope this helps!
D
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I used a USB fan for noise when I went camping last year.   I plugged into a phone battery charger.

like this.
fan
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a fan that runs on 18650 batteries.  Lasts hours, and a lot less heavy.  Batteries are same as my flashlights, and spares are easy to carry in the field.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.etrailer.com/12V-Power-Accessories/Fantastic-Vent/FV01100WH.html

This is what we have.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Get an 18650 powered fan.  Honestly though I'm wondering how this is camping,  but whatever
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get an 18650 powered fan.  Honestly though I'm wondering how this is camping,  but whatever
View Quote

Do alot of walking/hiking/physical stuff than usual and you won't need a fan. It works for me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have this fan and I like it.  I have several 20v batteries, and several other Dewalt 20v Tools.

Hope this helps!
D
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hope this helps!
D

It's going to be for 10 days how well do these barriers recharge with solar?

Quoted:

Have a brand that you recommend? Seen a lot of them on Amazon but most reviews are one or two night no reviews of people who used them for 5+ day trips so they would need to recharge the batteries.

I have looked at them also because my flashlights
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hope this helps!
D
View Quote

If not Dewalt, a small job site fan from whatever brand tools you already use (Milwakee, Makita, ...).  Same for small air pumps for air mattresses.

You already have the batteries and they have wayyyy more power capacity than alkalines and the fans are far stronger than the little "camp" fans you'll find in stores.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do alot of walking/hiking/physical stuff than usual and you won't need a fan. It works for me.
View Quote

Must not live in the southwest? I might be wrong but going to sleep no matter how tired you are being a sweaty mess as you sleep is not fun!

Did 24+ hour patrols in Iraq having to stay awake that whole time and being in contact with enemy fire having to run around with 50+ lbs of weight sweating out the bleach the put on the water so you could drink it.

I kind of feel sorry snowflake me! I deserve to have a fan! Also it sucks when it is 100+ and 110+ in a tent with a rain fly! That slight breeze is God sent!
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
For hurricane seasons my gal and I each have two O2 Cool 10” fans that run on 12vac adapters, or 6/8 D batteries. You can get them a Target, or ChinaMart for $20.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
What kind of power tools do you have?  Get the fan that goes with that.  

I use Ryobi as i just mess around at home, not on a jobsite.  If i use a 4ah baterry i can get 10-11 hours of use.  If weight isnt a huge concern just bring a couple batteries or the big 9ah ones

I have this fan.  Works great for car camping and at the beach/lake

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-Hybrid-Portable-Fan-Tool-Only-P3320/205022215?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&mtc=Shopping-B-F_D25T-G-D25T-25_9_PORTABLE_POWER-Multi-NA-Feed-LIA-NA-NA-PortablePower_LIA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_D25T-G-D25T-25_9_PORTABLE_POWER-Multi-NA-Feed-LIA-NA-NA-PortablePower_LIA-71700000044155732-58700004615424082-92700060764889471&gclid=CjwKCAjwgZuDBhBTEiwAXNofRCLFVM_HQhGkLvreDq8_zZvH2Jw2EfsjjC6LHAn0TJ7mZo3nD90FFBoCPDMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Must not live in the southwest? I might be wrong but going to sleep no matter how tired you are being a sweaty mess as you sleep is not fun!

Did 24+ hour patrols in Iraq having to stay awake that whole time and being in contact with enemy fire having to run around with 50+ lbs of weight sweating out the bleach the put on the water so you could drink it.

I kind of feel sorry snowflake me! I deserve to have a fan! Also it sucks when it is 100+ and 110+ in a tent with a rain fly! That slight breeze is God sent!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Are you talking desert soutwest? If so I'd take that dry heat over the swampa$$ muck in the southeast.
A fellow scout leader used a cheapo from walmart a couple years ago and was happy with it and it had good battery life.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
The harbor freight job site fan is the most cost effective way to go if you want battery powered.
Or run a small invertor generator and a regular box fan.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The harbor freight job site fan is the most cost effective way to go if you want battery powered.
Or run a small invertor generator and a regular box fan.
View Quote

I can run a small stand  alone AC unit off my inverter generator. So I would do that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Ryobi 18 volt fan hands down.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#16]
In the past, I simply bought an 8" 12V fan at the car parts store (all stainless steel back in the day was cheap, reliable, and moved a lot of air). Without going into excessive detail, I mounted it to the top of a deep-cycle marine battery with some wood and wired in an on/off switch.  It was simple and ugly, but would last easily for 3 nights without needing a recharge, and that was about all I could take in camping in sweltering heat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Can it be used for 10+ days or recharge on solar?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can it be used for 10+ days or recharge on solar?
View Quote

I have the milwaukee.
But about 18 hrs a battery.
Take as many batteries as you need.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have the milwaukee.
But about 18 hrs a battery.
Take as many batteries as you need.
View Quote

This.  I get 10-11 hours with a 4ah battery, you would get more run time with a larger one.  I would just take extra batteries unless weight is a big concern.

I would guess a solar powered fan is not going to blow very hard, but have never used one
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yah, seen my nephew's shirt, fatigue top, sitting up from being stiff from sweat... Iraq...

To the OP,  Converter, deep cycle battery, Fan...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top