Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 7:18:45 PM EDT
I am no way associated with, or endorsing Kohls.

My wife got me one of these and I could not be happier. It's a great low cost alternative to high end brands out there if you are in the market for a light insulation layer.. I would not go crashing through the thick brush with it, but it does not feel overly fragile. It's super warm, and SUPER light and compressible. Comes with a tiny stuff sack. Draw cords at the waist and zippered pockets. Can't touch the price on it anywhere at 39.99 - I got the no-hood olive drab looking one, first on the page and it's pretty spiffy- Just thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?search=heat+keep&submit-search=web-ta-keyword-cat&CN=Product%3ACoats+%7C%7C+Jackets
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up. Got one a few years ago on clearance for $20. Worth every penny in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, got one, free shipping.
I used Apple Pay, so it took all of 2seconds to checkout, no text fields to fill.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to, guys. I was happy to get mine- I'd been wanting one bad but could not spring for the high end brands. You won''t be disappointed- It's a really light, really warm little jacket. Perfect for a pack, or under a shell.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one in charcoal a few weeks ago. It was $28 after sale and coupon. It appears to be well made, especially for the money, and it kept me warm in near freezing temps the one time I wore it.

I also picked up a Blue Ridge Activ packable down travel throw from the bedding area. Originally $60, but I got it for $21 after the sale and same coupon. It's been awesome! My 5 y/o uses it in the car and it packs small enough I can toss it in my backpack for day hikes. I regret not buying a few more - hopefully I can catch them on sale again.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one last year on after season closeout.

Works great for layering under a wind/rain jacket.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a bunch.  I have been looking for a jacket like this.  Best price ever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Got these in the other week. Fit is good, and appears to be rebranded from my previous comment. The jacket with the hood is nice and warm. It packs up small and is lightweight. The only issue mine has, is little picks of thread in some of the seems. I've cut at least three to keep from catching on other clothing. The other jacket and vest didn't appear to have the same issue, however they are wrapped up for presents so I can't check to make sure.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Sitting on 40$ of kohl s cash...can't use it till the 25th. Hopefully there on sale still. They had OD green ones in store but not online...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If your looking for a really cheap "packable puffer" style jacket wally world has some poly options marked down to $10.  I got a couple for extended hunting, and camping trips in the backcountry.  Before I always pack an extra fleece layer combine with rain coat, but something like this would be handy as a warm backup outer layer in crappy weather.  Plus I wont worry if it catches an ember or two, or snags walking through brush/ blowdown.  I plan to make a small stuff sack for them at some point:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Ultra-Light-Coated-Nylon-Puffer-Jacket/52642688#about

I got an orange one for hunting in CO, and an OD green one for camping.

They also list a packable one, which I might grab just for the heck of it, but I liked the idea of zippered pockets and only $10 each.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Packable-Faux-Down-Jacket/52112058

Nothing special, but handy to toss in the pack and forget about.  It won't replace any of my higher end gear, but may supplement it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top