Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2012 6:21:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I find myself well stocked but still feeling not prepared enough. I don't know if I will ever shake the feeling.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Guys, the end of the world is tomorrow anyway. Geez, didnt you get the memo?

LOL

Sorry, had too

I have what I "need" and you will never be fully prepared for everything. Dont forget to live your life too.

Ill be unloading some extra stuff. Does feel pretty good. Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Edit: I will likely sell a few things to capitalize on the situation
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I am just mad at the prices of .223, when the weather is halfway decent I am just a casual shooter.

I keep less than 1000 rounds on hand and that is more than enough.

But if the demand and prices keep going crazy it is gonna really cut into my shooting. Luckily I have a friend that is all set up to reload.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
My gut tells me it is going to be a very long time before supply catches up with demand.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Call or email your congress person and tell them that you won't support a ban.  Might not help but it can't hurt.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Call or email your congress person and tell them that you won't support a ban.  Might not help but it can't hurt.

This.  Also, all those people panic buying guns and ammo should direct some of that money to an NRA membership as well as their state affiliate.

If the NRA had 60 million members (2/3 the number of legal gun owners) instead of 6 million, the legislators would be less likely to pull this crap.

I remember the 94 ban.  I also remember NY passing a mirror law with no sunset provision.

Good luck everyone.

David

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My gut tells me it is going to be a very long time before supply catches up with demand.  

It does feel good to be looking at what I can sell as opposed to deciding what I should buy!  Hell, I considered selling ammo too but better judgement tells me that is a bad idea!  I think I should buy a couple 5,000 rd cases of 22lr ammo as that may be all I can afford to shoot/replace by the time the libs get a look at how they can make shooting more expensive.

Amen. I am going to selling some mags and other stuff I do not need that is now worth the effort of selling.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, it's now a seller's market for sure.

I'll be 51 in several weeks, so I lived through the lead up to the AWB, but had already gotten the bulk of my minor, but nice collection of .mil style rifles that are no doubt, the target of the next ban.  AKs, FALs, ARs, HKs, et al.

If things didn't go nutty enough with the election, they are full tilt retard now and make no mistake, there will be a ban of some sort.  If we're lucky, it's only hi-cap magazines and those already in our possession are grandfathered in, but that's not all that they're going to go after, as they realize their past mistakes.

Next down the crap-o-meter scale is what's happening in California.  You had to register X, Y and Z by 1/1/2000 and if you didn't you were in violation and if you did, they're yours and only yours until you die, then they get destroyed.  No leaving them to the wife/husband/kids/friends/family.  No selling them to your buddies.  Upon your death, somebody has to turn them in and thanks for playing along.

But for the Off List Lowers and the Bullet Button, it would have taken a generation, or two, to get though those already in the stream of commerce, but they've learned from that fiasco, as well.  

Finally, the 'button down' scenario is an outright retroactive ban beginning on X, Y or Z date.  Possession of any of the proscribed weapons/magazines, is some sort of felony, but I think that this has less chance of being enacted because it's so draconian in nature and it would, at its time of effect, turn a whole lot of people into instant felons.

I had wanted to purchase 10 PSA lowers earlier in the year, but the funding fell through and oh well, even after having decided to not sell at a profit, I wish I had those now, as with primers and reloading, the lowers will always be the lynchpin.

I'm not under represented with my collection and we all wish that we had more of this stuff, but it's a frightful time coming up.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#10]
There is no way I am selling any mags or ammo. I like to shoot. Even with a ban of some sort, new owners of EBR's will need mags and ammo. I would rather give them to or sell them to the good folks who I associate with or who could be part of my group after shtf.

I could supply my group with 50-100 magazines without leaving my family and extended family short.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree i have a few items including some NFA items and yet i still feel like i hand and extra of this or that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

this  
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
guns are blowing off the shelves at a record pace but 0 has stated that the "majority" of americans support a weapons ban. the two of these just don't add up.............

just ordered 2 mags for my 40 (all I could afford, prices are way past stupid).
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As for myself. the only thing I don't have is some of the new Ruger 25-rd 10/22 mags.

OK, with the caveat that I am not a Fudd and own tons of >10 round magazines for various guns, fiercely oppose any restrictions, etc. ...

Is there anything particularly useful about a 25 round magazine for a 10/22? I think I have one or two of the Butler Creek ones, but I always seem to end up using the 10 round factory rotary ones. Other than "because I want them and they might be banned" (which is a good enough reason), is there a particular use for them in a 10/22? In a self-defense/fighting gun like a Glock 19 or an AR-15 I understand, but the 10/22 is a .22LR plinker/bunny-killer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been purchasing what I can as I go. I consolidated some rounds but like most here I like to have different guns for different reasons and that means different ammunition.

I keep at least about 500-600 5.56, 9mm, .38 and .22 on hand at all times and try to maintain some of the other calibers I have at at least 100 apiece. However I am lacking at some mostly .357 Magnum, .308 and 30-30 along with some .410 for the Springfield M6.

I know that is not alot but with a limited budget and space considerations I buy what I can afford and store. I would like to start reloading but have not had time to purchase the equipment and set up.

Magazines ; at least two dozen aluminum and a dozen p mags for four AR's, six mags for each glock, three for the sig, four for the ruger scout and three Wilson 47D's for the 1911.

As far as future purchases on guns I would like to get a 12 gauge pump and a .22 pistol, but I will concentrate on ammunition and some more mags for the near future as I can afford it. Unfortunatley for me I think my limited budget may hurt me in the that area as people are buying up ammo faster than the stores can stock it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
guns are blowing off the shelves at a record pace but 0 has stated that the "majority" of americans support a weapons ban. the two of these just don't add up.............

I know, right?  It's almost like we can't trust the guy!  
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I just realized I have 4500 rds of 5.56 just in magazines....
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there anything particularly useful about a 25 round magazine for a 10/22? I think I have one or two of the Butler Creek ones, but I always seem to end up using the 10 round factory rotary ones. Other than "because I want them and they might be banned" (which is a good enough reason), is there a particular use for them in a 10/22? In a self-defense/fighting gun like a Glock 19 or an AR-15 I understand, but the 10/22 is a .22LR plinker/bunny-killer.

You have the right idea IMHO.  The 10 round mags are more then adequate for hunting or range use.  The 25rd mags come in play if you happened to need to use a 22lr for self defense.  Certainly there are better guns but if I would be camping and only had the 10/22 the extra capacity makes it capable of putting twice the lead in the vitals which is good when you are underpowered.  JMHO and yea I have a dozen or more 10td mags to about 3 25rd mags myself.

Edit to add:  I have two lifetime's worth of Ar-15, AR-10, FAL, UZI, Glock, 1911 etc.  I am reaching down to wants more then needs with these 25rd 10/22 mags.

The 25 round mags for the 10/22 work great for people who have a hard time with the weight of an AR and mags. I have a 10/22 for my 6 y.o. and the 25 rnd mags are for her. Other than that it just helps not having to load mags as often.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I fought against the last legislation, while living in kalifornistan. We were so fucked. I really had no intention of buying an AR at the time.

Due to a large loophole, neutered rifles that weren't on list were legal to purchase and I bought an Armalite. Then they added them to the list too.

I moved the gun to AZ and later moved to join it.

If the free shit army were to back a ban, there would be nothing we could do to stop it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I was not effected by the 94 ban so I am concerned about exactly what I should stack back.

I have 15 bare lowers
3 upper assemblies minus furniture.

Do I need to worry about lower parts kits and stocks?

I feel confident with cases of mags and ammo that I.have.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was not effected by the 94 ban so I am concerned about exactly what I should stack back.

I have 15 bare lowers

Care to send a lower my direction?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#23]
The BEST thing to do is to make sure there is NO future AWB.
The House is mostly Pro-Gun, The Senete Anti-Gun, and Berac O'biden are well.. commies
So WE need to make DANM sure NOTHING passes legislature. If it is gonna get done, make him do it by decree.   THAT can be changed.

I'm in my mid 40's and been thru this all b4 .
If WE LET them do it. it wont go away in 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been building my newest rifle piece meal.  I have the lower, parts kit and I ordered a stock last week.  I need to find a stripped upper which aren't available local any more.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#26]

I find myself well stocked but still feeling not prepared enough. I don't know if I will ever shake the feeling.

This. Picked up a few more mags couple of months ago. Glad I did. I need more, along with more ammo. *sigh* Gonna have to wait till the threat of the ban passes for prices to come back off the ceiling.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm going to write some letters...I dread a ban for those not old enough to purchase firearms and who will be robbed of their 2A rights down the road.  My son will be turning 14 in January and he already has his own Ruger 10/22, AR15 (that we built together), Mossberg 500 (20 gauge), a small .22LR revolver and he now will have a new Glock 19 and a dozen magazines awaiting his birthday.  The future of the 2A and our youth is truly in our hands...

I'm set for the most part; now I just have to look out for my kids and my future grandchildren

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#29]
There are over 300 million guns in the US thanks to our Founding Fathers we do have a say what the Government does  I'm tired of hearing people say  we can't control  what happens and we have to settle for what they do.  All the great men in our history that gave up everything for what  we have today I sure hope  we  have some patriots left  with the will to fight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are over 300 million guns in the US thanks to our Founding Fathers we do have a say what the Government does  I'm tired of hearing people say  we can't control  what happens and we have to settle for what they do.  All the great men in our history that gave up everything for what  we have today I sure hope  we  have some patriots left  with the will to fight.

Join date.

Post count.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I bought my first AR15 a few months after the first ban was enacted in  '94.  It had a neutered ban compliant barrel with no flash hider.  I bought used AR magazines as I could afford them, and a few new ones along the way.  I had a glock 17 with only 6 magazines total for the duration of the ban.  When the ban ended I purchase a considerable quantity of magazines for all of my weapons, steadily purchase ammunition, and generally worked to prevent getting caught flat footed if another ban ever happened.  

I have enough magazines to last me, as well as my kids, and reload for all calibers.  I feel I am set fairly well but could always use a little more!  My suggestion to everyone is to keep purchasing items when the prices drop from looney bin levels, and don't pay too much in this crazy market.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:36:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#33]
I have my first baby coming in days. I have  a m4 and 2 sbrs (draco, m18) i ordered enough to build 3 more @ 660 per build. I did so solely for my sons future. And about 45 mags are on order.

Quoted:
I'm going to write some letters...I dread a ban for those not old enough to purchase firearms and who will be robbed of their 2A rights down the road.  My son will be turning 14 in January and he already has his own Ruger 10/22, AR15 (that we built together), Mossberg 500 (20 gauge), a small .22LR revolver and he now will have a new Glock 19 and a dozen magazines awaiting his birthday.  The future of the 2A and our youth is truly in our hands...

I'm set for the most part; now I just have to look out for my kids and my future grandchildren

ROCK6

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't mind another case of .223 and 9mm. Reading what you wrote brings back memories. I bought a Mini 14 Ranch Rifle for $700 when the ban passed. Two months before that I could have bought the same rifle for $400. I held on to it until 2008 and sold it for $750. It was a fun little rifle, but I had too many guns (yeah, I just blasphemed) and needed to thin the herd a bit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll start off by saying im completely against a ban and have written my senators...but

the rush on certain things is unwarranted, at least for me...magazines and the lowers will be banned, but the rush on ammo and small parts makes no sense as neither would be banned
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#36]
While there was a knee jerk reaction to sell stuff at a slight profit, I've decided trade stuff that is surplus my needs to fill gaps in my preps.
Selling Glock mags to then use the money to buy FA supplies would be silly as I can buy FA supplies.
Trading Glock mags for BHP mags will serve me better.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Just remember-- like the disclaimers on work at home schemes-- past results do not indicate future results.  Just because they did this or grandfathered that last time, doesn't mean they'll do it next time.  The people currently in power cannot be trusted in the least way and have no regard for the law or the citizenry.  Do what you can to protect yourself while you're being allowed to, and hide whatever you aren't currently using against the day they decide that (like taxes or your income) it isn't really yours.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have 15 bare lowers

LPK's are already getting hard to find and I am sure that stocks will be next, better get what you need NOW.......
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I feel this way to. MIne is more like I am forgetting something. Do I have enough parts? Do I have enough of this or that to help it run? Kind of frustraing. I see the big pile of mags and actually think " I that enough?"
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

just ordered 2 mags for my 40 (all I could afford, prices are way past stupid).

There was a post in GD about that. Basically someone signed a "no new gun laws" petition on Obama's website and got a "thanks for supporting new gun laws" email response. Obama's team isn't looking at the actual petition contents, they're just assuming anything with the word "gun" in it is anti-gun.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll start off by saying im completely against a ban and have written my senators...but

the rush on certain things is unwarranted, at least for me...magazines and the lowers will be banned, but the rush on ammo and small parts makes no sense as neither would be banned

While, I understand your logic, I don't agree. The importation of foreign AK ammo could be banned with the stroke of a pen through executive order. It's prudent to try and buy now while the relatively inexpensive Wolf, etc ammo is still allowed for import. Yes you will still be able to buy 7.62 x39 even if foreign brands are prohibited from importation. You think Federal, Winchester, etc is going to ever be as cheap as Wolf or Silver Bear.

With regards to small parts. Assuming a new AWB, the ATF is likely to assert an authority to regulate the sale of parts to repair a banned weapon. This regulation could range to an outright prohibition to something along the lines of the way parts are regulated for NFA weapons. I am just guessing here, but think its a pretty good educated one.

A lot of the issue around weapons parts is going to depend on whether any new AWB would require some sort of registration of existing weapons or whether there will be wiggle room for manufacturers to create a new class of "post ban" weapons. If there are post ban weapons there will be of course parts available.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Related to this thread, I think it would be prudent to what is on the table at the moment for an new AWB. That should shape some of your thinking in a worst case situation where a new ban is in place.

Doing a little research, it appears that Senator Feinsten is viewed as the legislative lead towards a new AWB. There is no draft of her legislative proposal so all that is known is what she has stated in public.

You can read what she says in her own words below, but it sounds as if her staff has been working on this for a long time. It also sounds a lot like what I understand the California AWB to look like. This thing is designed to socially engineer us as a society away from the 'gun culture'. My understanding is that we will likely be able to retain pretty much everything we have now, but will unable to pass them on to our heirs. I have my doubts that  anyone not over 18 on the date any AWB becomes effective will be considered eligible to own/possess any weapon bought for them now.

There will be undoubtedly much contained within the details of the proposed legislation that will impact us significantly.I am hoping and praying that those of us who value our freedoms in this country will keep pressure on our representatives and senators along with the NRA and our individual state gun rights organizations to defeat this monstrous threat to the Constitution.

" Dianne Feinstein in her own words: Well, over time, that weapon would be much less available.

What we're trying to do is ban the sale, the manufacture, the transfer, the importation of assault weapons. And it gets quite technical. And I won't go into that right now.

Grandfathered weapons that people already have, subject those weapons either to licensing or to a trigger lock, and spell out those grandfathered weapons, which would be over 900 in the bill, so nobody can say, oh, we took our -- their hunting weapon away
Then I would be able to say, here's your hunting weapon. It's specifically exempted in the bill."

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession. Not retroactively but prospectively. And it will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets. So there will be a bill," Feinstein said. "We've been working on it now for a year. We've tried to take my bill from '94 to 2004 and perfect it. We believe we have. We exempt over 900 specific weapons that will not fall under the bill. But the purpose of this bill is to get just what Mayor Bloomberg said, weapons of war, off the streets of our cities."

The bottom line here is, as has already been stated in mine and others posts,  to keep up the pressure on those who support our cause to begin with for them not to waiver and to pressure those who are on the fence. Also keep the donations coming in to the NRA, GOA, and others.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Join the NRA.

Write your congressmen.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top