Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:12:11 PM EDT
Could somebody point me to instructions on creating a belt made of paracord?  I'm interested in the type that is braided, with a metal end that allows for a changing waist size.   I saw one for sale on ebay, but would like to make one myself.  I've never made anything with paracord before, but I've seen some of the wide variety of things that can be made from it.  

Please excuse me if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything while searching.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I want a sweater made out of 550 cord.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen a braided paracord belt before, but it sounds like a good Idea... I have a braided paracord sling on my .22 that I made. I made it using 5 pieces that all ran in one direction. Then I wove a 6th strand through all 5 around the end and then back thru all 5, around the end and repeat... Its like basket weaving... You might try someting small first like a paracord keychain or a bracelet for practice and to know what you're getting yourself into...
I hope this helped a little... Fell free to IM me with any Q's
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Some dude on here made a braided sling.  thats probabbly the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Latest Field and Stream has instructions for 1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top