Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:01:04 AM EDT
I just found this on Costco's web site.

Harvest Food Rotation System

If you had a lot of canned goods, this might be useful to you.

Costco haters, please don't junk up the thread with the "Costco hates guns" message.  We know that already.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
neat idea. But at $320 i think i could mod a pre-existing shelf for a lot less. IMO.

J

Believe it or not, that is significantly less expensive than it is on the makers web site.  There it is $449 (on their home page).  See here Food rotation system.  Also, the Costco site offers the CanSolidator in a 2 pack for less than the maker.  Two sets ( 4 units), even with the non member charge is cheaper at Costco.  I don't have room for the big system.  However, I ordered two sets of CanSolidators to go on the shelves I already have.

To the OP, thanks for posting about this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]

I think I'll stick to this for $2.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL... yeah, I can see where that would work too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]

J

Believe it or not, that is significantly less expensive than it is on the makers web site.  There it is $449 (on their home page).  See here Food rotation system.  Also, the Costco site offers the CanSolidator in a 2 pack for less than the maker.  Two sets ( 4 units), even with the non member charge is cheaper at Costco.  I don't have room for the big system.  However, I ordered two sets of CanSolidators to go on the shelves I already have.

To the OP, thanks for posting about this.

OMG, the Cansolidator!  Oh teh noes, he has a Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range!  Everybody run, he's out for your Mountain House!

Now on a serious note, I think the steel shelving should hold a crap load of weight, far more than something i could make outta Lumber for less cash (Lumber being the price that it is).  Just my thoughts on seeing it.

jim
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
try freecycle.com for your area or craigslist free section.   in the pgh area lumber is a constant free giveaway, hell i have made many S&P scores on these two sources.  i can also make sure things that i don't want are put to use by folks that will use them.

mpi
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.mishobonsai.com/images/sharpie.jpg

I think I'll stick to this for $2.

That's what I've been using for years. I just use a four digit code for all my incoming cans. MM/YY. So any cans coming in this month will have "1007" written on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top