Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2022 4:09:22 PM EDT
Have you ever went to try and grab one of those great deals that come up on Amazon from time to time, only to find it was a limited time offer and the price had returned to the higher normal price?

I have noticed a possible alternative by looking for the same deal at Walmart online. They sometimes have the same deal for a longer time period. You can get the free shipping too with the minimum purchase.

I've used this method several times with great success!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
A good way to track deals I use is that I will add stuff I want to my "wish list" and in the comments I'll write what the price is. I check it every day and if the price drops on something I will change it in the comments.

It makes it easy to quickly watch the prices on items I want or need regularly. For example I buy their amazon commercial toilet paper 80 roll cases but I will usually only buy them when a "used" one comes up and I'll get a whole case for around $15. Makes it easy to scoop up things from the amazon warehouse as well. Never anything wrong maybe a squished roll or two but who cares.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A good way to track deals I use is that I will add stuff I want to my "wish list" and in the comments I'll write what the price is. I check it every day and if the price drops on something I will change it in the comments.

It makes it easy to quickly watch the prices on items I want or need regularly. For example I buy their amazon commercial toilet paper 80 roll cases but I will usually only buy them when a "used" one comes up and I'll get a whole case for around $15. Makes it easy to scoop up things from the amazon warehouse as well. Never anything wrong maybe a squished roll or two but who cares.
View Quote

Finding "used" TP kinda got my attention!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I think everything from the amazon warehouse deals I have ever bought that was "used like new" was every bit as good as new but at a lower price. I mean unopened and perfect condition. It is a great way to save money and in the one or two cases where the item was not as described I just returned it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
While I absolutely despise Walmart, I compared their price on oil to the exact same on Amazon. Amazon was $67 for a 5 quart jug. Walmarx was $28. I had to swallow my pride on that one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Y'all know about https://camelcamelcamel.com/ right? Thats the best way to track and snag Amazon deals if you're patient
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The camel,camel,camel browser app - is good, and they keep a longer price history than Honey.
I primarily use the Honey price tracker browser app to watch prices, but they only show 30 days of price history.
I also run the Capital One Shopping browser app, which is good to compare prices.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you ever went to try and grab one of those great deals that come up on Amazon from time to time, only to find it was a limited time offer and the price had returned to the higher normal price?

I have noticed a possible alternative by looking for the same deal at Walmart online. They sometimes have the same deal for a longer time period. You can get the free shipping too with the minimum purchase.

I've used this method several times with great success!
View Quote
I've done somewhat the reverse.  When other stores have a sale, I'll check Amazon they generally automatically price match.  For example, Macy's had a sale on Columbia hiking boots recently, the normal price was $89, but the sale was for $33.  The price on Amazon dropped to match Macy's.  When I found out about the Macy's sale, my size was gone at Macy's, but still available at Amazon, so I snagged a pair.  I double-check a lot of store sale prices against Amazon - I've been able to do this when Best Buy, Cabelas, and a lot of other stores have had sales.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top