Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT

Those of you who own or have used Harvest Right freeze dryers, what is the door made out of? Considering buying one for both personal and business use. Our business use would be drying isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) off products after a cleaning step. Our concern is that we would likely get crazing of an acrylic door given exposure to alcohols, but tempered glass would be fine. I can’t seem to find info about HR doors anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I am no plastics expert but it is definitely some kind of acrylic
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Should probably call them to verify things.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The folks on the phone weren’t sure, but I found mention in the owner’s manual of the door being acrylic. Not ideal for us, but also not a show-stopper. Will consider replacing with a Lexan or tempered glass door if we start seeing significant crazing.

Thanks for the replies, folks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It's acrylic. Form what I've seen they will replace the doors under warranty.

You might look into their pharmaceutical models for your intended pursposes...
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I would reach out to their support. I'm sure they have fielded all sorts of questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top