Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2018 11:33:53 PM EDT
Guys, I’ve been offering in threads lately that CL a good resource in some of the recent threads here, and I had fantastic luck again today-I got two Xantrex 1800w inverters for $300....

I’ve bought 235w panels for $75, cables, you name it. It seems like there is always someone selling new panels cheap or slightly used panels at a steep discount on CL, sometimes it is an installer that is repo’ing an installation, but a lot of them are people that bought a bunch of pallets of panels thinking they were going to make a lot of money from home.

Your biggest advantage in buying from CL is that you pay no sales tax or freight. Knowing that your panels aren’t damaged in shipping has some value too-it really is worth checking your local or regional ads before shopping in anger.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics of inverters?

Helluva deal if inverter/chargers!
View Quote
It sure how to post here now that photobucket is full on capitalist...

They are 12vdc to 120vac Prosine1800’s. They aren’t chargers, and I wouldn’t want an all in one solution for a BOL cabin as I would lose both when it took a crap. Speaking of which, my charge controllers are individual to each panel, every panel has a size matched charge controller that feeds a common battery bank. This way if one panel goes bad, one charger goes bad, I’ll barely notice.

It was a little more expensive this way but if something happens to me, my soon to be wife won’t be able to fix if I am not around.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It sure how to post here now that photobucket is full on capitalist...

They are 12vdc to 120vac Prosine1800’s. They aren’t chargers, and I wouldn’t want an all in one solution for a BOL cabin as I would lose both when it took a crap. Speaking of which, my charge controllers are individual to each panel, every panel has a size matched charge controller that feeds a common battery bank. This way if one panel goes bad, one charger goes bad, I’ll barely notice.

It was a little more expensive this way but if something happens to me, my soon to be wife won’t be able to fix if I am not around.
View Quote
That's a good deal, we've been using the same inverter [good deal on eBay] since about 2009.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s good to hear EXPY, these were made in 2015 and were used in portable offices. Probably light/infrequent use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top