Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2018 6:50:29 AM EDT
The casual observer might just scoff and mumble something about it being mexico and this is 'mericuh.  
Thats why I posted it here, instead of GD.
Take note if you live in a small town.  Lessons to be learned.

Some Mexican towns lose faith in the state and quietly break away
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
We should just annex Mexico.  Sounds like it's as well governed as California, New York and Illinois so what could we lose?  Besides, we don't want our avacados to be at risk now do we???...
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We should just annex Mexico.  Sounds like it's as well governed as California, New York and Illinois so what could we lose?  Besides, we don't want our avacados to be at risk now do we???...
View Quote
The last time we had the chance we didn't because it was full of dirt poor Mexicans with a shattered economy and we didn't want to take on that burden.

That was 170 years ago, and not much has changed. Why would we want to now?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We should just annex Mexico.  Sounds like it's as well governed as California, New York and Illinois so what could we lose?
View Quote
How many million additional Democrat voters do you want?

Do you want to permanently tip the scales faster than the Dems are already trying too???
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The last time we had the chance we didn't because it was full of dirt poor Mexicans with a shattered economy and we didn't want to take on that burden.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you want to permanently tip the scales faster than the Dems are already trying too???
The vocabulary word of the day is "sarcasm" which I assumed would be tipped off by the avacado reference....  I'll try harder next time
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still for building the wall. Screw the DACA dance. Just build the fucker.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We should just annex Mexico.  Sounds like it's as well governed as California, New York and Illinois so what could we lose?

Treat them like how we treat American Samoans. They can be American Nationals and not American Citizens.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The casual observer might just scoff and mumble something about it being mexico and this is 'mericuh.  

View Quote
Mexico has a history of break away areas before. And I ain't talking about Texas.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dont be so sure. Wouldnt be surprised if these guys lean more towards Trump than Hillary.
They have after all kicked out the government from their cities and let private corporations handle it. Very much a case of "que se vayan todos".
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Watch please!

Vegans destroying the world!!
View Quote
So bacon is better for the environment because it has more calories than lettuce... logic... FAIL...
You're joking, right?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
They got one thing right in their quotes. Power rests in those who have the firearms.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I recently watched a documentary showing rural mexican citizens taking up arms to fight the cartel violence. Within a year or two, these same citizens had run the local cartel members out and were themselves corrupt, and abusing their newly aquired power to steal from the mexican people. Lesson I took from the story is that Mexico is a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like they need some freedom down there.

I hear they have oil.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mexico has a history of break away areas before. And I ain't talking about Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chiapas is essentially in a state of revolt.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They got one thing right in their quotes. Power rests in those who have the firearms.
View Quote
Yep.  For once Mao was right.

The "militia" down there is probably doing a better job of keeping the peace than the town government they kicked out.  The whole thing about anarchy is sooner or later someone takes over and fills the vacuum.  In this case, it's the guys with guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top