Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 6:00:13 AM EDT
So a while ago I bought some rechargeable 123's from amazon but the damn things won't fit in my rote h and flashlights. They are to thick. I don't remember the brand but they are white. What are you guys using?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So a while ago I bought some rechargeable 123's from amazon but the damn things won't fit in my rote h and flashlights. They are to thick. I don't remember the brand but they are white. What are you guys using?  Thanks.

Most flash lights designed to take lithium ion batteries are bored out more to accept the slightly bigger batteries. Also, most lithium ion batteries put out 4.2v peak output instead of 3v. The extra voltage will destroy many lights so they are not interchangeable with regular lithium primaries. You may need to do more research on what lights can take the voltage before randomly trying them in different things.

What is a rote h? I hope you are not trying to use them in something expensive like night vision without making sure it can handle the extra voltage.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Meant eotech. Just looking for something I can on hand if the sure fires are no longer available.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Check out the mfg specs for the eotech, but I think you'll find you're glad it wouldn't fit.  I think they take 3v batteries only.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#4]
If Surefire type batteries [CR123'S] are no longer available in the stores, it's likely little else will be either.

CR123's are becoming almost universal in all sorts of applications because of their virtues.

They also store well for, what, 20+ years, so for a few bucks you could run an Eotech for a long, long time.

Now let's say you dropped $600 on one of the current Eotechs and all the CR123 batteries dishappeared from the planet.

Are you screwed?

Of course not. A couple AAA's taped together and wired into the battery compartment will run your sight fine.

If you can't figger out how to do that, then yer prolly screwed anyhoo unless you can find somebuddy to take care of you.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#5]
As had been covered, most rechargeable 123 format cells are 4.2 volts. The ones that are 3volts really aren't gaining you anything in your application due to very low capacity.
I can sympathize with not wanting to spent $ on batteries, most of my electronics have rechargables in them.

Buy some of these... Several years worth, and call it a day.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpen-tcr123a-.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top