Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2010 9:35:06 AM EDT
The wife and I planted a 50x30' fall garden a few weeks ago.  The tall plants in the foreground are my okra that are still producing from this past summer. They're over six feet tall.  I only planted one okra seed pod in the spring and got over three gallons in return.  Next spring, I'll plant five pods.  I love okra.  

The tomatoes in the back and left are spring tomatoes that I've kept alive all summer long.  I had to water them every day to keep them alive.  And it was a long, hot summer.  But they're starting to make and they should be stout.

The wife planted onions, garlic, peas, turnips, shard, celery, carrots and a few other things I can't remember.

Here's the okra harvest from the last three days.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm toying with the idea of giving it a try. Being in Nebraska I'm going to fare far worse than you however.

I would already have done it but I tore a tire on my tractor and need to get it changed. No tractor, no rototiller. No effin way I'm hoeing out a plot. I might if the world ended but fact is the wheels are still turnin so I aint gonna make it any harder than I have to.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Have Celebrity toms and sweet 100 cherry toms. Some Romas started from seed about ready to transplant.

Last week transplanted 9 cabbage and 17 broccoli into a couple raised beds. Started nine more of each from seed Sunday.

Have 5 bell peppers in a bed. 4 cucumbers in a bed. Beets just sprouted last week. Planted carrots yesterday. Bush beans in a bed about 10 inches tall.

We usually don't have winters in sw fla, just a little cool down to get us ready for the next summer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
almost to late for matters here but I have broccoli, collards, cabbage, cukes and onions. Will plant the garlic this Sat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am still picking some butter beans and Okra from this summer. I did a late summer planting if the butter beans, peas, and summer squash. Squash gave up the ghost this weekend.  Peas have been gone a while.

Cauliflower, broccoli, savoy and reg cabbage and brussel sprouts are all in the ground since late aug/sept., broccoli is just starting to head up.

I planted a lot of chineese cabbage , it has suffered terribly under the abuse of the local feral peacocks. MIL won't let me kill them since they stopped shitting on her porch I haven't gooten a meal out of all most 20 "choys" in the ground. They killed or severly stunted about 20% of my cole crops as well. Luckily, I over planted heavily.

Today I chased 3 peacocks around the yard in my car, honking the horn like a mad man. I could have finished 2 of them today............
Top Top