Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 2:17:51 PM EDT
I have one on the dog food bucket that gets used twice a day. It will not hold itself on the lid. Looks like its stretched out too much. Other lids seem to be fine but they dont get used as much.

Any fixes? I know I can buy some big orings from McMaster Carr but dont want to pay the money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Steve,
I have the same problem for the same situation. I keep two buckets on the front porch (one bag of dog food about fills them both).
Hasn't been but about 3 days ago  when one of my seals dropped off.  I just fitted it back where it was supposed to be and
screwed the lid back on.  I don't have any ideas other than that but would also like to here what others have to say.
I figure since mine are under the cover of the porch it should make too much difference anyway.  But I have my chicken feed in one that kind of sits out in the open so if it begins to fail that might be a problem.

Off subject but,  Have you flown into MT Home lately?
MIKE
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Run a bead of adhesive to the inside ring of the lid and then pound that bastard on the bucket with a rubber mallet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top