Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:33:21 PM EDT
Right now all I have an is an 18" SPR setup and a Springfield Loaded.  I want a survival setup for keeping in my trunk.  I want an 11.5 in commando style setup.  I was thinking of a bandolier to carry ammo and a holster setup.  I already have a suppressor.

What else should I keep with my kit?  I figure my camelbak and a couple MREs.  I don't know what I should throw in for clothes or a pack.  I don't want to break the bank but am willing to listen to advice, whether to use a different rifle or what not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
med stuff

tire fixin stuff

I personally do not see the need for a commando type set up.  IMHO you are better off concealing your side arm, hence I carry every as soon as I leave my house, and just going with a 16" and a good pack.  

Things to consider are,

how far are you from your home at any given time
what type of terrain are you going to be covering to get back there
under what type of conditions are you concerned about to get home through

Don't forget the water.  Lots of water.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
med stuff

tire fixin stuff

I personally do not see the need for a commando type set up.  IMHO you are better off concealing your side arm, hence I carry every as soon as I leave my house, and just going with a 16" and a good pack.  

Things to consider are,

how far are you from your home at any given time
what type of terrain are you going to be covering to get back there
under what type of conditions are you concerned about to get home through

Don't forget the water.  Lots of water.  

I am in Florida.  Everything is Urban.  I already carry 4 liters of water in the car with a couple MREs.  I have usually only a couple spare 1911 mags with me.  I could use a better 1st aid kit.  I have a small north face backpack I can use (bookbag).  Maybe a Keltec Sub2k in 9mm?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure your car is well maintained.  So to reduce the unnesecary bo of car for something stupid.  Your car can take you farther and faster than on foot and provide shelter if needed.  I Always carry Lots of water and food JIC i'm trapped to ? time.  The Kel tec sub2k is an awesome backpack gun, i have one and that is what i think they designed it for.  Extra range with ammo compatability.  

But focus on spare fluids for car, check all tires and carry a plug set.  Maybe a spare gas can.  Check your spare tire.   A hand crank weather radio, matchs, lighter, space blanket, and some first aid stuff should do it....

ETA-Grab an old back pack, doensn't have to be uber tactical.   Put what you need in there and hope you don't need it
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Make sure your car is well maintained.  So to reduce the unnesecary bo of car for something stupid.  Your car can take you farther and faster than on foot and provide shelter if needed.  I Always carry Lots of water and food JIC i'm trapped to ? time.  The Kel tec sub2k is an awesome backpack gun, i have one and that is what i think they designed it for.  Extra range with ammo compatability.  

But focus on spare fluids for car, check all tires and carry a plug set.  Maybe a spare gas can.  Check your spare tire.   A hand crank weather radio, matchs, lighter, space blanket, and some first aid stuff should do it....

ETA-Grab an old back pack, doensn't have to be uber tactical.   Put what you need in there and hope you don't need it

roger the spare fluids.  I'll make myself a trunk organizer of some kind as the old one broke.  I carried brake fluid, radiator coolant and a roadside kit w/ a collapsible gas can and siphon.  I need a good tire iron.

I keep my SUV very well maintained.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in Florida. Everything is Urban.

dont get out much do you

for the car/truck-
extra water
tool kit
road flares
tow rope
4 way tire wrench
fix a flat
tire plugs
small  compressor
flash light
duct tape
electrical tape
zip ties
gloves
wd 40
rachet straps and bungee cords
pencil,pen , majic marker

for you in truck

shelter
food
water
rain gear
sunblock
hat
GHB- and its kit
CCW and spare ammo and mags
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:07:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

dont get out much do you

for the car/truck-
extra water
tool kit
road flares
tow rope
4 way tire wrench
fix a flat
tire plugs
small  compressor
flash light
duct tape
electrical tape
zip ties
gloves
wd 40

for you in truck

shelter
food
water
rain gear
sunblock
hat
GHB- and its kit

Where I live and commute, it is all urban.  What's wrong with that?  Thanks for the help though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the BOB and Kel-tec plan.  Leave good emergency supplies in it, and a cheap long gun that's suitable for fighting.  Pump shotgun, SKS, sub2k, that sort of thing.  

Try to keep it cheap, as the likelihood of theft, destruction, or other loss is very high.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont get out much do you

for the car/truck-
extra water
tool kit
road flares
tow rope
4 way tire wrench
fix a flat
tire plugs
small  compressor
flash light
duct tape
electrical tape
zip ties
gloves
wd 40

for you in truck

shelter
food
water
rain gear
sunblock
hat
GHB- and its kit

Where I live and commute, it is all urban.  What's wrong with that?  Thanks for the help though.

nothing wrong with it at all hence the lil wink smiley.....

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Sleeping bag or a blanket and a pack of headlight bulbs(2). For clothes I'd pack a jacket, maybe pants if your wearing shorts during the summer, and boots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top