Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 11:24:42 AM EDT
Hey guys before I hook this thing up and test it I figured Id ask what yall thought.  Ive been needing the connecter hose to use my 20# tanks for heater buddy but its not in the budget right now  ( I know 20 bucks). Today I was given a approx 4' LP gas hose from a gas grill.  It is marked flex tech 1/4" 350 PSI natural gas 1 PSI CGA hose made in USA.  The grill it is from ran about 16000 btu I think and the buddy heater is much less.  Should I go on and do it or am I missing something???    Thanks    James

I should add that the hose was used to allow the grill to run on a 1 or 20 # cylinder
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to let the air bleed out of the line for a very long time to make it work.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey guys before I hook this thing up and test it I figured Id ask what yall thought.  Ive been needing the connecter hose to use my 20# tanks for heater buddy but its not in the budget right now  ( I know 20 bucks). Today I was given a approx 4' LP gas hose from a gas grill.  It is marked flex tech 1/4" 350 PSI natural gas 1 PSI CGA hose made in USA.  The grill it is from ran about 16000 btu I think and the buddy heater is much less.  Should I go on and do it or am I missing something???    Thanks    James

I should add that the hose was used to allow the grill to run on a 1 or 20 # cylinder

If you can post a pic it would help but from the sound of it, I believe it will work.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I might have a heater buddy hose laying around if you have something you want to trade.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, IM me you addy and I will send you one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top