Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2007 1:19:21 PM EDT
Just got 6 60 watt GE brand CFL bulbs for FREE after the instant $2 rebate at the checkout.  Limit 6 per person, per trip.  The 100 watts bulbs are .99 cents after the rebate, the 60 watts are FREE and I imagine the other bulbs they had there were less wattage and free as well.  Must be a end of season tax type of sale.

I should have the entire house converted to CFL's by next week.  Since I'm not running AC and my heat is Natural Gas I should have a good idea as to the savings of these during the month of December.  

Nothin beats free.  

Here is what they look like...

* FLE26HT3/2/SW/CD
   * 26 watts
   * 1365 lumens
   * 2700 Kelvin
   * CRI 82
   * Nominal length 5.2"
   * Avg. life 8,000 hrs.
   * Medium base
   * Incandescent wattage equivalent 100 watts
   * Hanging or standing clamshell package
   * UL listed
   * "Energy Star" compliant

Price: $6.49

Is the price they have listed online.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#1]
My Ace Hardware has them all listed (60 watt, 75 watt and 100 watt equivalent) for .99 cents.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I drove around town and only one of the Westlake/Ace stores had this special.  Fortunately it's on my way to work.  This weekend I've gone in the morning and then again in the evening, stocking up on the 60 watts as that's what we use the most.  I'll be doing the same this week and every day until they're gone,  getting a mix of the 60,75, and 100 watt's.  If you go early enough, then go before close, they have different shifts so you don't end up getting the same cashier,  not that I think they'd really care.

One of the cashiers struck up a conversation and said she'd been getting 6 per day and has a couple hundred already with no clue what do to with them, but couldn't pass up the deal either.  

I have heard that they are not really for the out doors but I put one 100watt in my post light in the yard and will see how it goes.  So far so good, and it'll use 1/4 of the energy as it's a dusk to dawn.  Right now that's about 13 hours a day, or 1.3KW x .8cents per kw or 10.5 cents a day just for my yard light or $3.15/month for just ONE bulb running.  At 1/4 the wattage I can knock that down to .79 cents a month and save $2.36.   I figure I'll probably knock $10/month off my bill with everything in the house that can run CFL running it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top