Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:27:02 PM EDT
"Born on dates" for these bows.....

My son and I bought a couple of used setups from a local shop and I would like to know the appox. years these were available.

Matthews Z-MAX

High Country Carbon 4- Runner

TIA,
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Z-max was initially produced 1998 or 1999

the 4-Runnr was introduced prior to 2003, possibly 2000-2001

Newer bows utilize parallel limb designs.  The two above are standard limbs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info rob78!!!

They are definately newer and more advanced than my 'ol XI Flatliner from the early '90s.

We have been shooting recurves for quite a few years and decided to at least hunt with something a little more modern.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info rob78!!!

They are definately newer and more advanced than my 'ol XI Flatliner from the early '90s.

We have been shooting recurves for quite a few years and decided to at least hunt with something a little more modern.

No doubt about the advancements.  I gave up archery ~15 years ago and recently decided to pick it back up.  I was simply amazed at how bow and arrow technology had changed.

I couldn't believe they were producing bows that shoot over 300fps with next to no recoil.

The last speed bow I shot (in 1992 or so) was a PSE Baby G-Force.  Loud as hell, violent at the shot...it was an experience to say the least.  Even moderately priced contemporary bows blow it out of the water.

Hell, I can remember when Hoyt couldn't keep their limbs in one piece during the speed bow race.  
Top Top