Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 7:27:02 PM EDT
"Born on dates" for these bows.....

My son and I bought a couple of used setups from a local shop and I would like to know the appox. years these were available.

Matthews Z-MAX

High Country Carbon 4- Runner

TIA,
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Z-max was initially produced 1998 or 1999

the 4-Runnr was introduced prior to 2003, possibly 2000-2001

Newer bows utilize parallel limb designs.  The two above are standard limbs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info rob78!!!

They are definately newer and more advanced than my 'ol XI Flatliner from the early '90s.

We have been shooting recurves for quite a few years and decided to at least hunt with something a little more modern.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info rob78!!!

They are definately newer and more advanced than my 'ol XI Flatliner from the early '90s.

We have been shooting recurves for quite a few years and decided to at least hunt with something a little more modern.

No doubt about the advancements.  I gave up archery ~15 years ago and recently decided to pick it back up.  I was simply amazed at how bow and arrow technology had changed.

I couldn't believe they were producing bows that shoot over 300fps with next to no recoil.

The last speed bow I shot (in 1992 or so) was a PSE Baby G-Force.  Loud as hell, violent at the shot...it was an experience to say the least.  Even moderately priced contemporary bows blow it out of the water.

Hell, I can remember when Hoyt couldn't keep their limbs in one piece during the speed bow race.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top