Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 2:43:02 AM EDT
Hey guys!  I went on some epic hikes in Zion National Park in Utah.  This video has footage of Angels Landing, probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on.  In the video I review the boots my girlfriend and I wore on our hiking vacation in Utah.  Lowas aren't cheap, but they performed well and were very comfortable.  It's hard finding women's hiking boots that come in wide sizes, but Lowa offers it.  We hiked for days and had no issues.

+Gore-Tex, waterproof and breathable
+wide sizes
+stability
+good traction
+comfortable

-some people mentioned they don't last long.  Through my personal experience, if you take care of your gear it'll take care of you.  I never leave boots in the car to bake in the hot sun. I clean dirt and mud off them after use because the bud could dry the leather.  I pick out the pebbles that get logged in between the lugs on the out sole.  Just some real basic stuff and haven't had issues with any quality boots.

Lowa Renegade GTX Hiking Boots Review (Men's & Women's) Most Comfortable Hiking Boot
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently bought a pair of Lowa Camino GTX as replacements for my Fugitive GTX, I’ve only used them on one semi-difficult hike so far (climbing Mt Monroe NH via the Ammonoosuc Ravine trail) but between that and maybe 1/2 dozen shorter hikes they’ve been amazing. They’re easily as comfortable as my 3-year old, extremely broken-in Fugitives, and the lacing system is more supportive and more adjustable. I’m using a pair of Sole medium thickness cork footbeds with met pad, they offer great arch support without being so thick at the heel that my heel is lifted out of the pocket.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently bought a pair of Lowa Camino GTX as replacements for my Fugitive GTX, I’ve only used them on one semi-difficult hike so far (climbing Mt Monroe NH via the Ammonoosuc Ravine trail) but between that and maybe 1/2 dozen shorter hikes they’ve been amazing. They’re easily as comfortable as my 3-year old, extremely broken-in Fugitives, and the lacing system is more supportive and more adjustable. I’m using a pair of Sole medium thickness cork footbeds with met pad, they offer great arch support without being so thick at the heel that my heel is lifted out of the pocket.
View Quote
Glad to hear that!  I'm really surprised that my gf thought they were comfortable to.  She's really difficult to size and even her running shoes hurt her feet.  It seems like a common theme, everybody finds LOWA's super comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Good review and tell your girlfriend thanks; not too many women get good feedback from other women in the outdoors.  My wife has an Appalachian Trail women's forum on Facebook which she's offered some advise, but equipment reviews are pretty slim.

We were at Zion last year (hell of a road trip from GA!).  Angel's Landing was crazy and I've done a lot of crazy things in my life...that's a hell of a hike (just the sheer drop on either side!).  Thanks again for the review.  I've seen a ton of the Lowa Zephyr models worn my coalition here in Afghanistan...they seem to hold up quite well.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good review and tell your girlfriend thanks; not too many women get good feedback from other women in the outdoors.  My wife has an Appalachian Trail women's forum on Facebook which she's offered some advise, but equipment reviews are pretty slim.

We were at Zion last year (hell of a road trip from GA!).  Angel's Landing was crazy and I've done a lot of crazy things in my life...that's a hell of a hike (just the sheer drop on either side!).  Thanks again for the review.  I've seen a ton of the Lowa Zephyr models worn my coalition here in Afghanistan...they seem to hold up quite well.

ROCK6
View Quote
Thanks brother!  My gf and I really appreciate the feedback.   Angels Landing is AWESOME HUH? lol   I'll never forget it.  Those Lowa Zephyr look pretty awesome,  thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I just wore my Lowas on a loop hike of Mt. Chocorua NH, it was pretty brutal in places and there was quite a bit of water from recent rains. The Vibram soles did exactly what you’d expect, they can’t violate the laws of physics so you will have the occasional slip on wet rocks or roots but man, do they stick to rock. The only problem I have with them is with the lacing system. The first 4 eyelets have ball bearings so it’s easy to over tighten the toes, what I found works well to keep from doing that is tying a half knot between the toe eyelets and the first pair of hooks. The laces are plenty long to put a half knot or 2 where you don’t want the laces in one spot to be over tightened by pulling the laces above them. So I did end up with a couple blisters, but that’s my fault and not the boots. I was getting impatient and just wanted to get going and obviously one boot wasn’t right LOL.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks brother!  My gf and I really appreciate the feedback.   Angels Landing is AWESOME HUH? lol   I'll never forget it.  Those Lowa Zephyr look pretty awesome,  thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.
View Quote

Zephyr's are awesome, and worth every penny.  I'm probably gonna buy a 2nd pair with waterproofing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to buy but in the Southwest Texas desert waterproof boots are not needed as much!

Love to see a company make desert boots that where hiking boots made for hiking other then military style that are as nice as Lowa.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
All fun and games till the sole wears through.  Enough time on rock or cement and those boots won’t last a year.  And they can’t be resoled...
I’ve killed 2 pair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top