Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2012 8:12:47 PM EDT
Looking for a good source for a couple genuine USGI cots. 99% of what I see for sale online is BS.

Any pointers??
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the sixth cot on the page - $89.

I used them in the military and purchased one of these from this company.
Same cot - USGI.
Great customer service and quick shipping.  

http://armynavysuperstores.com/cots.htm

Sleep well!
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Same cot - USGI.

Sleep well!

May not be suitable for typical arfcomer: "Weight Capacity    250 lbs"
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same cot - USGI.

Sleep well!

Awesome, that is the very same cot I was just looking at! Definitely GI, and the price seems right.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/3/2012 4:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same cot - USGI.

Sleep well!

Awesome, that is the very same cot I was just looking at! Definitely GI, and the price seems right.

Thanks!

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Might want to check local I got one like new at local surplus store $50 the second came from an auction $10
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 of them that are around 20+ years old. The nylon must have shrunk over time, because they are impossible to put together by normal means. I had one together last year when family visited and I had to use a hi-lifter jack to pop it together! No joke. It's tight!

Any tricks that you guys know? I bought new plastic nipples a while back because the fuckers were so tight, they broke the originals. What about getting it wet before assembly?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a source for replacement canvas? I have several older wooden frame cots that the canvas is dry rotted. I tried denim but it stretches too much.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have 2 of them that are around 20+ years old. The nylon must have shrunk over time, because they are impossible to put together by normal means. I had one together last year when family visited and I had to use a hi-lifter jack to pop it together! No joke. It's tight!

Any tricks that you guys know? I bought new plastic nipples a while back because the fuckers were so tight, they broke the originals. What about getting it wet before assembly?

The cover is supposed to be tight, that's what makes the cots comfortable. One end is easy to assemble, of course. Then go to the other end, slip the cross-bar into it's pocket in the nylon, sit on the floor, put your foot against the top of a leg, and use your back to pull that side of the cross-bar into place. Scoot over to the other side, and repeat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cover is supposed to be tight, that's what makes the cots comfortable. One end is easy to assemble, of course. Then go to the other end, slip the cross-bar into it's pocket in the nylon, sit on the floor, put your foot against the top of a leg, and use your back to pull that side of the cross-bar into place. Scoot over to the other side, and repeat.

What he said. Got to get some leverage in there, helps to use another tube as a pry bar. Lived on one of those things for months. Actually quite comfortable.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked my cot so much that and I brought home with me when I ETS'd in 1990.

I Have a special bar that I use for assembly and disassembly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said. Got to get some leverage in there, helps to use another tube as a pry bar. Lived on one of those things for months. Actually quite comfortable.

I know how to put them together, but these two are tighter than any I've seen. Like I said, I had to use a hi-lift jack to get it together.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Oops, double tap

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top