Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:59:35 AM EDT
I currently have a Magellan Sport Trak Map GPS and am ready to hurl it as far away as possible. From Day One, I have hated this thing and am ready to buy a new one.

I haven't followed GPS technology and am curious what hand-held unit is recommended. I'm limited to under a couple hundred dollars, so which one should I look at?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem, I knew we'd just had a $200 budget GPS thread
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the H series Garmin. I got the Garmin Vista HCX with electric compass and altimeter. The H stands for high something but it means it picks up indoors, under heav canopy and works when other gps model can't get a signal. I strongly suggest you get the H series whatever you get. The Garmin Legend would be good and cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I went ahead and ordered the Garmin Etrex Venture HC yesterday. A friend has one and likes it a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top