Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:14:40 PM EDT
After much deliberation I finally decided on a new tent for hunting, my new Cabela's Outback Lodge came today. I got it up in the back yard & started sealing the seams from the inside as directed, however it looks like a few areas need some love from the outside, they got it. Was curious anybody else use seam sealer on the outside ? I can't see any detractions from this other than it will leave a few streaks, function over form on this one. Letting her dry right now before a second coat inside & out.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised a quality tent came without the seams already sealed from the inside.

The tents and tarps I have bought are already taped or sealed on the inside. ...and YES, I set them up and go over the outside seems with a good sealer made for the product.*

*silnylon requires a different sealer.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually it is factory sealed & a pretty good job at that, however they suggested you re-seal the seams before use, so I did. Thanks for your input
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top