Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
A few of my favourites - unattributed...

"They have us surrounded.  That simplifies our problem."

"You, you, and you - panic.  The rest of you, come with me."

"Whassa matter, little baby don't wanna cwime the LITTLE FUCKING HILL?!?"  I used this one a LOT.

"How can you shoot women and children?"
"Easy, don't lead 'em so much.  Ain't war Hell?"

"There is no such thing and a Aethiest in a combat situation.  I take no chances.  I pray to Buddha, Mohammed, MISTER Jesus H. Christ, and any other relogious honchos I can come up with."

"You ask what we need to win this war.  I answer tobacco as well as bullets."

"You blokes leave an awfully messy battlefield..."

"We're all one colour in this man's Army - GREEN!"

FFZ
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Finnish capt. on seeing the russian army advancing on his small contengient of finns 1939 "Where are we going to bury all these russians??
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The first missle is filled with hershey bars and nylons; this gets the women and children into the streets, and 5 minutes later the second missile slams home.
FBM missile tech motto

There are only two types of ships:
 Submarines and Targets  -Unknown-
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, What should be the reward of such sacrifices? Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, - go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"
--- Samuel Adams in a speech delivered at the State House in Philadelphia, 1 August 1776

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
--- Geroge Washington
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
"Bomb away" -- Maj. Thomas Ferebee, bombardier  [i]Enola Gay[/i], 6 Aug 1945

"My God, what have we done?" -- Capt. Robert Lewis, co-pilot [i]Enola Gay[/i], 6 Aug 1945
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#9]
"That skinny's gone Elvis"  Talking about a belly up Sammy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#11]
"(My last name,) if I could kill privates, I'd fuckin kill YOU!"

D.I. Sgt Hall, (yelling at my bloodied face on the Grim Reaper at Pendleton in Aug. of 89.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
"Did anybody see where that rocket went?"
Attributed to the Battalion Commander of a Germany-based Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) battalion, as one of the stabilizing fins broke off a rocket as it left the tube, sending it spiraling out of sight.

They never found the rocket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#13]
1/1/68 0001hrs, 'Is that incoming, or outgoing'?

gib187th

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If they run they're VC, if they dont run...they're well trained VC...

Bac-Bac..Bac-Bac, Sat Cong beau coupe'
View Quote

Now deceased....or severely 'greased'

Gib187th
                    'Rat-Pack'
                   # 'Ba-mui-Ba'
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]
"Nobody prays for peace more than a soldier"

Those who beat there swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

My personal favorite tattood on my arm "FREEDOM ISN"T FREE"

I fear that we have awoken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve. (Yamamoto)

German officer: "What would you do if we invaded Switzerland?" Swiss man: We would all fire one shot and go home!"

Hey Great topic! I've been looking to get a new tattoo and this is a great start!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#16]
paris island 1971.  a female drill instructor told a group of female recruits, " ok bitches when i say left face, i want to hear those pussies snap!"
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#17]

My personal favorites:

"Warriors, as we have seen, have a mission beyond themselves. The true warrior is dedicated to something greater than personal survival and comfort." --Rick Fields, The Code of the Warrior

"Pressure makes Diamonds." --Gen. George S. Patton

"Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!" --Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#18]

"I'm going to teach every last one of ya, how to walk, talk, eat, sleep, shoot, shit like a United States soldier."

SGT Hulka, Stripes 1981
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I always liked,
"Lead, follow or get the f!*k out of the way!!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#20]
"If you cant take a joke son
then you best get out of them BDU's."

1st sgt Martineze
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Whole 9 yards. Got your shit in one sock!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
My own: Make'em fly, watch'em die,
In rivers of blood and screams of agony even the unborn can hear. (QRA site in FRG early 80's.)

All weather close air support doesn't fly in bad weather.

"Drop your c***s and grab your socks"

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#23]
when in doubt, empty your magazine.

never share your foxhole with anyone braver than you are.

the easy way is always mined.

incoming fire has the right of way.

beer math: two beers times 37 men=49 cases.

traces always work both ways.

If you are short of everything except enemy you are in combat.

when you have secured the area, dont forget to tell the enemy.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:11:55 AM EDT
[#24]
"Three things I have never seen, the BIG picture, the REAL Air Force, the regular crew chief.
                  some USAF General

"We've upped our standards, now up yours"
        our unoffical motto  :)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Korea, Warrior Valley, DMZ.
situatation...N. Korea pulled up a number of Tank Heavy Divisions across from our 3000 troops.We are on 24 hour alert.  LTC briefing the Medical people.
Question from Medical Capt. to LTC....Sir!  What happens if they decide to come across the Z after us.
Responce LTC..........Well son, we're gonna "DIP".
Medical Capt.   "DIP" Sir?  What does that mean?
LTC.....Son, that means we're gonna
"Die In Place"
Nervous laughter....Medical Capt.  pukes on floor.
ya had to be there.
DA

#2. E-7 to 2LT...situatation.... rifle firing range.
E-7..Where in the fuck did you learn to shoot like that?
2LT....Hunting with my Dad in Iowa.
E-7...No fucking wonder, another one of you country mother fuckers, God! All you mother fuckers do is hunt and fuck.
2LT...Your Dad from Iowa Sergeant?
E-7...don't be fucking funny LT or you'll repeat this whole fucking course.
2LT....Ahhhhh  yes sir Sergeant.  

Favoret saying.. from my NCOIC.
Sir,...the sergeants run the fucking Army, your just here to look pretty and take the credit.
DA

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#26]
[i][green]Hey Everyone,
Where did the quote,[b]"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war"[/b]originate?
[marines]
[newbie]
Respectfully,
Harry[(:)][/i][/green]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Shakespeare....but don't recall which...
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#28]
" I love the smell of napalm in the morning" : Robert Duvall
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#29]
"They got what they deserved!"

Campybob speaking of the WIA and KIA Vietnam veterans.

"Our [peace] demonstrations at Kent State saved the lives of many servicemen." (campybob paraphrased)

"I left the Friday before [the kent state riots that resulted in the NGs shooting].  
Property damage was never my thing."  (paraphrased from his forum here)
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Where in the hell is that F____en gunship
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Where in the hell is that F____en gunship
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#32]
These are some of my favorite quotes

“A good plan executed violently now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.”

“There is a tendency in each separate unit...to be a one-handed puncher. By that I mean that a rifleman wants to shoot, the tanker wants to charge, the artillery wants to fire...that is not the way to win battles. If a band played a piece first with a piccolo, then with the brass horn, then with the clarinet, and then with the trumpet, there would be a hell of a lot of noise, but no music. To get harmony in music, each instrument must support each other. Team play wins. You musicians of mars must come into this concert at the proper place and proper time.”

"I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know, the artillery did"

"the poorer the quality of the troops, the more artillery they need. American troops need a lot of artillery."
General George S. Patton,

“It is firepower and firepower alone that arrives at the right time and place that counts in modern war.”
B. H. Liddell Hart,

“Formerly, to win a victory the fighting force needed only strength and courage; Today it must have artillery.”

“Do not forget your dogs of war, your big guns, which are the most-to- be respected arguments of the rights of kings"
Fredrick the Great

“It's far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.”

"The speed, accuracy and devastating power of American artillery won confidence and admiration from the troops it supported and inspired fear and respect in their enemy"
Gen Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference to this world. The Marines don't have that problem."
Ronald Reagan

"A soldier, full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard, jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel, seeking the bubble reputation, even in the cannon's mouth"
Shakespeare

"Artillery conquers and infantry occupies"
J.F.C. Fuller

"In many situations that seemed desperate, the artillery has been a most vital factor"
Gen Douglas Macarthur

"the harder the fighting and the longer the war, the more the infantry, and in fact all the arms, lean on the gunners"
Field Marshal Montgomery

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd"  

"The best generals are those who have served in the artillery"

"God fights on the side with the best artillery"
Napoleon

"Flying steel has an inevitability all its own"

"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl"
Unknown

"Guns will make us powerful, butter will only make us fat"
Hermann Goering

"Artillery succeeded where, otherwise, we would have failed"--General Charles P. Summerall

”If the Marines can do it, why the hell cannot we?  They are the same type of men as us”

"The World War demonstrated the importance of field artillery. The majority of casualties were inflicted by the arm"
Gen John J. Pershing

"Artillery is the god of war"
Stalin

"Cannon to the right of them, cannon to the left of them, cannon in front of them, volley'd and thunder'd; storm'd at with shot and shell"
Tennyson

"The work for giants...to serve well the guns"!
Walt Whitman

"Renown awaits the commander who first restores artillery to its prime importance on the battlefield"
Winston Churchill
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top