Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2009 2:35:30 PM EDT
just PCS'ed here and need some help.  

first off, what is the air force equivalent of the military transportation office?  I cant find the number to it anywhere and housing had no idea either.  is it called something else or are they just not very helpful in listing it on their base website?  the welcome packet with all the numbers in it conveniently omitted transpo as well.

second, does anyone know where there is a vehicle weigh station in the area?  cant find that either.

third, how does one register firearms on post?  also, if you live off post but in goverment housing are you still required to register them on post?  the housing area they stuck us in is technically off-post.

thanks for any help you guys can give me.  maybe I am just retarded but I cant find any of this stuff anywhere, and the only representative here on post I have spoken with so far at housing wasnt exactly very motivated to help us with anything.
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
TMO is what you are looking for I imagine.

For firearm registration, talk to the Security Forces police services section.  They usually to that.  If military police/DoD have responsibility for your housing, you will probably have to register them.  It's not "real" registration it's just so SF knows there are weapons if they have to respond.
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Traffic Management Office  
Phone: 882-3537
If expecting a shipment of personal property, call the Traffic Management Office at 882-8473 upon arrival or Personal Property Customer Service at 882-8331. To arrange for delivery of shipments, bring  
several copies of orders to TMO, Building 613, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Weapon Registration  
Phone: 882-5009
Personnel residing in base dormitories or temporary lodging facilities must register any privately owned firearm within  
72 hours of arrival (dormitory and TLF residents must store their weapons in the security forces armory). Call the armory at 882-5009 to register firearms.

http://www.militarymediainc.com/eglin/welcome.html#traffic

Link Posted: 3/11/2009 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Traffic Management Office  
Phone: 882-3537
If expecting a shipment of personal property, call the Traffic Management Office at 882-8473 upon arrival or Personal Property Customer Service at 882-8331. To arrange for delivery of shipments, bring  
several copies of orders to TMO, Building 613, between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Weapon Registration  
Phone: 882-5009
Personnel residing in base dormitories or temporary lodging facilities must register any privately owned firearm within  
72 hours of arrival (dormitory and TLF residents must store their weapons in the security forces armory). Call the armory at 882-5009 to register firearms.

http://www.militarymediainc.com/eglin/welcome.html#traffic

holy crap thank you!!  

"traffic management".....I knew it just had to be called something different.

Link Posted: 3/11/2009 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
TMO can tell where a weigh station is.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Welcome to Florida. If you're still having trouble finding a weigh station look in the phone book for a landfill. Landfills have truck scales to weigh the trucks.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to The Emerald Coast.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#7]

I went TAD (or TDY to some of you) at Eglin AFB when I was in the USMC.  Ft. Walton is a very pretty area... and you're not too far from a lot of beaches.  You're one of the lucky few to be stationed in FL.  

Just as the guys said, TMO is your best bet.

Welcome to FL!  

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I love it so far. I dont have much time because of school, but it definately is a nice place to spend what free time I do have.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
First, welcome to NAVSCOLEOD.

Firearm registration - go to the Security Forces building, located right next to the library.  If you're coming from Niceville/Valparaiso (the east gate), keep driving down Eglin Pkwy towards the other side of the base, pass the Air Force Research Lab on the right, go up the little hill, and not too long after you get to the top, you'll see a road to the right just before the library (if you've hit the flight line or the climate research hangar, you've gone too far).  Take that right and the Security Forces station is just up the road about 200 meters or so.

TMO - If you're coming from Niceville/Valparaiso (the east gate), keep driving down Eglin Pkwy towards the other side of the base, you'll see Eglin Federal Credit Union on the left hand side, take a left at that intersection, follow the road (it curves around, just stick with it) until you see a nondescript white building on the left hand side, with a parking lot in front of it; that's TMO (they close at 1500 by the way).

Weigh Station - If you're leaving base through the east gate (towards Niceville/Valparaiso), keep driving down Eglin Pkway towards the range; the weigh station is about 4 miles down the road on the right hand side, across the street from Goodwill and a small strip mall.  You'll see a gravel parking lot, with a gray one-story building, and several mounds of rocks; turn right into the gravel parking lot and walk inside the gray building.  I think they close at 1630, and the price for weigh tickets is $4.

Good luck in school dude.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Free should be along soon.  He is in the area.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep im here too.

Don't know much about post as i only go there to hit the BX and commisary every now and again.

My soon is the lifeguard at the Post pool sounds like the answered you questions, if you got any more IM me.

FREE

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks all, I pretty much got squared away.  I ended up in govt quarters off post, and the only time I end up on eglin is to do PT.  Im not digging the 20 mile one way to school at the range, but if all goes well it shouldnt be going on for longer than a few months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top