Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2008 6:44:44 PM EDT
Hey guys so I have decided to re-enlist in the Army. I miss the lifestyle way too much. I was originally 11B1P (airborne infantry), but I am thinking about going in as a 45B ( small arms/artillery repairer) I was curious if anyone on here is or has been a 45B and what should I look forward to. I have to attend a 4 week Warriors training and then off to AIT and then my duty station. And from what I hear because I still have my jump wings I should be heading to the 82nd ( ) but that is not guaranteed. Also what would I be doing if I was to be deployed to Iraq. I am sure I will be heading overthere to take care of abused weapons. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Buddy ........ ..........
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Thanks Buddy ........ for re-enlisting?
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey guys so I have decided to re-enlist in the Army. I miss the lifestyle way too much. I was originally 11B1P (airborne infantry), but I am thinking about going in as a 45B ( small arms/artillery repairer) I was curious if anyone on here is or has been a 45B and what should I look forward to. I have to attend a 4 week Warriors training and then off to AIT and then my duty station. And from what I hear because I still have my jump wings I should be heading to the 82nd ( ) but that is not guaranteed. Also what would I be doing if I was to be deployed to Iraq. I am sure I will be heading overthere to take care of abused weapons. Thanks in advance.

DON'T DO IT
You will be assigned to a po-dunk half-assed Support Battalion dealing with chicks and shit.  You won't be doing anything cool.  You will be headspacing m16s all day fucking long while your fat e6 hits on all the pregnant chicks.
Armorers at the unit level are all 92 series.

If you want to do some cool stuff but not be bitched out, look at the psy ops mos's.
that will put you in bragg.  Or, tone that ass up and go back to thei infantry.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck.  Don't be a pogue.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Be a pogue. That's where all the womenz are. You won't get laid without them!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#7]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't be a POGUE!!

Yes tone up for the Infantry, if I can do it at 43 and there was guy in my class (the 4 week lame A** class you have to go to) that was 53...He passed his PT tests also!

If you want more info on the 4 week class (WTC) IM me or search the threads, there is a thread about it that I posted. It was a waste of time and if you were prior Airborne Infantry then it will also be waste, but you HAVE to go to it. Good thing is you get a complete uniform issue!!

But if you were Infantry...Please don't be a Pogue  
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
You cannot go back, it will never be the same and likely only piss you off.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Just the old tale of "you can never go home".  Going back in will be a completely different experience, possibly far different enough to make him regret it.  Not saying service today is bad versus the good ole days, but it always changes and never quite the same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh..I'm tracking now. yes I was out for 14 years, in many ways it's the same but in many way's it's also worse....
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Speaking of reenlistment(s),

1215 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines reenlisted here in Iraq on the 4th of July in Baghdad.

General Patraeus gave them the oath.

I had 8 out of my Company of 90 that did the deed that day.

It was possibly the largest reenlistment ceremony ever done. And in a war zone. Wonder what the Libs and Anti war types got to say about that?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The "EightySecond" welcomes you back.

Link Posted: 7/11/2008 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...Armorers at the unit level are all 92 series....

Probably depends on the unit, but from what I've seen unit level armorers can be just about anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Armorers at the unit level are all 92 series....

Probably depends on the unit, but from what I've seen unit level armorers can be just about anything.

At the company/battery level, yes.  Currently my primary armorer is a 13B with my alternatre being another 13B and a 74D.

OP, due to deployment and lifecycles, don't be surprised if you end up at Fort Richardson or Europe.  Also, while everyone loves the support guys and could not function without them; it is probably not the lifestyle you are missing.  Either go back to the infantry or try another all male MOS.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DON'T DO IT
You will be assigned to a po-dunk half-assed Support Battalion dealing with chicks and shit.  You won't be doing anything cool.  You will be headspacing m16s all day fucking long while your fat e6 hits on all the pregnant chicks.
Armorers at the unit level are all 92 series.

If you want to do some cool stuff but not be bitched out, look at the psy ops mos's.
that will put you in bragg.  Or, tone that ass up and go back to thei infantry.

What he said.

If you insist on being in such a unit, be a 45K (or whatever it is now) instead.  45B is a loser MOS (bottom feeder).
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If you insist on being in such a unit, be a 45K (or whatever it is now) instead.  45B is a loser MOS (bottom feeder).

Weren't you a 45B?

BTW, thanks for talking me out of 45B. My MOS fucking rocks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I dont know anything about 45s but you did your time as 11bravo-papa, do what ever you want, AC and female PVTs looking to score a NCO dont sound bad.  With the army the way it is i bet with one sit down with a SGTMGR from the 325,504 etc you'd be right back there, knees in the brezzze with the 11Bs if you dont like a remf MOS.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weren't you a 45B?

BTW, thanks for talking me out of 45B. My MOS fucking rocks.

It takes an insider view to know how bad it truly is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I could have wound up in Tradoc working in a weapons pool somewhere... yuck!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh how so fucking true, I got medically reclassed from a 14 year 11B to a fucking 88M. There is not a single day that goes by that I am not fucking pissed off and I hate my fucking job and everyone I have to work with.

I have to deal with female's that whine and cry and just can not or will not do their fucking job and when I dig off in their ass they go crying and complaining the the PLT SGT and all that crazy shit. I can also tell that just about every fucking female soldier I have run into in my unit from a private to the NCO's have becoame pregnate due to us gettin g ready to re deploy back to Iraq at the end of the year or the first of next year. Everyone of them will use that and have no family care plan just get out of deploying and to get out of the Army.

Please for your own sake do not reclass into some CSS job and you will be hating it every fucking day you wake up and go in for PT. I feel as though I am loosing my mind every time I go into work and have to deal with these ass clowns that I deal with.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I got medically reclassed from a 14 year 11B to a fucking 88M

That sucks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got medically reclassed from a 14 year 11B to a fucking 88M

That sucks.

Yeah no shit until you live it will never really know, trust me I don't wish it on anyone that is in combat arms. I have another guy in my PLT that was medicaly reclassed a fueler.

He is the only guy at work that I can work with and get along with and we do a lot of things together. We sit back and laugh at all of the idiots that we work with now, hell we talk about doing this training and that training and we get told oh no we can't do this or that and we dont have to worry about this or that training as we are not combat arms and stuff
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, as we're doing our reset up here, we are pushing a bunch of folks over to the WTU to either be discharged or reclassed.  It is becoming an admin nightmare to try to take care of the good guys we are sending over(awards, etc).
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Oh how so fucking true, I got medically reclassed from a 14 year 11B to a fucking 88M. There is not a single day that goes by that I am not fucking pissed off and I hate my fucking job and everyone I have to work with.

I have to deal with female's that whine and cry and just can not or will not do their fucking job and when I dig off in their ass they go crying and complaining the the PLT SGT and all that crazy shit. I can also tell that just about every fucking female soldier I have run into in my unit from a private to the NCO's have becoame pregnate due to us gettin g ready to re deploy back to Iraq at the end of the year or the first of next year. Everyone of them will use that and have no family care plan just get out of deploying and to get out of the Army.

Please for your own sake do not reclass into some CSS job and you will be hating it every fucking day you wake up and go in for PT. I feel as though I am loosing my mind every time I go into work and have to deal with these ass clowns that I deal with.

As an 88M I will agree with you. Where are you stationed?

height=8
Quoted:
Yeah, as we're doing our reset up here, we are pushing a bunch of folks over to the WTU to either be discharged or reclassed.  It is becoming an admin nightmare to try to take care of the good guys we are sending over(awards, etc).

WTU is the shit if you want to get paid for doing nothing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#27]

As an 88M I will agree with you. Where are you stationed?

I am here at Ft. Bliss, and this place is a shithole all it's self.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#28]
So if you are an 88M you are part of 47tc or 377tc rear d?

Yes I agree Ft.Bliss does indeed suck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Ahhh Fort Bliss... I feel for you. My good friend is an ADA guy and I feel bad for him as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So if you are an 88M you are part of 47tc or 377tc rear d?

Yes I agree Ft.Bliss does indeed suck.

No I am over in 4BCT 1AD and belong to 121ST MSB but my company is attached to 2/13 CAV as their FSC.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah that really sounds like Fort Bliss for you.

I am over at the WTU waiting to get an MEB.

If the Army ever offers you heart surgery don't do it
Top Top