Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:04:56 AM EDT
Can you only reclass when you ETS?
Who decides if you can reclass or not (your current unit, the one you're going to, both)?
Are there rules for rank minimum or max?

etc. etc.

This is for NG btw, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The National Guard does have different rules.  Bascially you become the MOS of the unit you are going to.  If you move to another area, and it's beyond 50 miles from your current unit, you can find another unit that is closer and reclass that way.  Also sometimes, if your unit isn't understrength and you are willing to drive, you can find another unit to transfer to and reclass that way.  My unit is like that right now, we combined two companies into one, and on paper we are at something like 189% strength.  On paper.  That's including the people who've deployed with other units to Irak and Afganistan again, and the people that haven't been seen since the plane came back from Irak.

Hopefully 161Infantry will see this as he's an AGR (training NCO IIRC?  Can't remember the difference between those pogue jobs ;) ) and I'm sure will have much more accurate information.  My only experience has been moving from one state to another, then moving 120 miles.  And being offered the chance to go become a Cav Scout (as if I'd lower myself that way), or a UAV operator, which does sound kind of cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top