Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:14:43 PM EDT
Just wanted to give respect to the forum as I joined it today to do some research....

retired Air Force, 21 years, SMSgt....  frequently carried Beretta, Sig handguns...and mixture of M-16A1, A2 or M-4/A2 rifles during career....mostly the M-4 variant since 1995 with Sig on side.  now retired (May 2004) after latest stint in war and settling still into civilian life...

Do some shooting though not as much as I like...and wanting to by a M-4 like I carried for past 5-6 years....  Mine was a basic M-4A2....weaver type rail under the removable A2 carryhandle and sights.  Had a Tasco dot sight on it for last year or two.....and a hasty sling made from two issue slings so it performed like a single point sling (trick guys down at quantico told me of when no funds were available to buy the real deal)......

So far like the Bushmaster and RRA variants....collapsible 6 position stock...mid size hand guards...removable handle or the ute2 version of RRA where rear site is there with rail for optics in front.  I like the Hogue pistol grip as well.  I am thinking the RRA Elite M4 ute2 is what I would like but also looking at Bushmaster variant.  
The weapon will be for plinking on range....home defense if what is scattered throughout my house wont suffice.....maybe some varmint shooting....and to just keep my skills up.
Can anyone give me the pros and cons concerning the chrome lined barrel versus the 4140 barrel....I think my issue weapon was 1:8 twist but seeing 1:7 and 1:9 on boards...but truthfully I dont remember much other than breaking the beast down daily for cleaning....laying across it on my lap trying to catch some sleep...and shooting it on range and in country and knowing it never let me down.

Thanks for the info I have already read and that which I will absorb over the months...you would think I might know more about my M-4 but it was a tool....so we went with what was reliable and what worked.  Thanks again...and shoot straight and remember to find cover...not concealment.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks 82nd....still lots of reading to do.  Usually dont post much unless I can add more than the previous...so likely wont see a lot of garbage until I get more of a feel from the forum and what is out there commercially for the AR variants.

also glad you do house cleaning here yourselves with posers...too damn many snipers, SF, SEALs and intelligence operatives running rampant on internet already spready B.S.....  nothing more fun than outing one of those lying punks. LOL

Shoot straight....and focus on the front sight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome!

Head over to the AR related side and you’ll find all the answers to your M4 question!

Quib

www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
already been overdosing and drinking through the fire-hose over there......i will never get through all those topics. LOL
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome.

This site freaking rules for any kind of AR question you could ever have.  I am constantly amazed at the things some of these guys know.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
well hopefully i will be getting a complete lower soon from STAG or GTS.......then an upper from Stag or RRA......an Aimpoint or EoTech glass...with BUIS.

so far a wealth of information...almost info overload..so reading and picking and choosing right now...LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top