Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2018 10:07:28 AM EDT
Like many of you I'm retired military (USAF) and like many of you I chose to use Delta Dental when I retired.  I recently received notice that the TRDP from Delta Dental was ending as of 31 Dec 18 and that I would have the option of switching over to the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) during the open enrollment period of 12 Nov 18 to 10 Dec 18.  I took a quick glance at the ten different dental plans offered but I really know nothing about them; the cost/rates for the various plans will not be published until October.

My questions for you guys are:

Do any of you have any experience with any of the companies offering dental coverage and would you recommend any particular company/plan vs. the others and are there any that we should avoid.

Thanks.

The TRDP page with info on the TRDP closing:  https://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Dental/TRDP

FEDVIP info:  https://www.tricare.benefeds.com/InfoPortal/containerPage?EventName=plans&ctoken=WKFxuMmL
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Another pissed off retiree waiting

CD
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I asked the lady who handles insurance at my Dentists office.   She pointed out things to look for.

Standard plan
Missing tooth clause
Rollover/Carry over allowance
Waiting periods.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I asked the lady who handles insurance at my Dentists office.   She pointed out things to look for.

Standard plan
Missing tooth clause
Rollover/Carry over allowance
Waiting periods.
View Quote
Thanks BamaInArk.  In addition to researching the different dental plans online I plan on asking the staff about the various dental insurers; specifically which plans pay the most on a dental bill/procedure, are the least pain in the ass, etc.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
For me looks like I'm probably going to go with Delta Dental.   As a retiree I'm already under them so existing conditions I just carry forward.   I have a missing tooth that one day I might want to get some work done.   Many insurers don't include the missing tooth clause.   So would be SOL.  And DD is one of the ones my Dentist recommended.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks BamaInArk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top