Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 12:05:00 PM EDT
Any of you guys from MMR#2 out there?

We all went shooting with our toys a few times.
First time I ever saw a .44Mag AutoMag up close.
BIG!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope I don't sound ignorant, I was a Marine. What's the difference between a pre commissioning crew and a "plank owner"? You could be both right? Is it uncommon to be both? Inquiring Jarheads want to know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Sukebe,

I'm not sure what happens if you are in the Pre-Com Crew and leave before the commisioning.  I think you have to be assigned to the ship when it's commissioned to be a "Plank Owner"

I guess you can report on board the day before, NOT as "Pre-Com" and still be a "Plank Owner".

I never really gave it much thought.

The day I first stepped foot on the Nimitz, I believe there were only about 45 (total!) of us.

Two years later the full complement was close to 6,000!

It was heck of an experiance being "welded" to the pier in Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Co.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top