Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 2:00:12 PM EDT
So our Dept decided to take advantage of the body armor clearance that Galls was having. We tested the waters by ordering two vests and a couple knives.

The adventure starts on sunday when the order was placed. Well apparently with their "new and improved system" when you place an order on sundays, it places a hold on it and won't ship until YOU call in. Your order just stays in the processing category. So after no communications from them, I call in on wednesday and talk to a nice customer service rep who tells me their new system is FUBAR and assures me that my order will ship out on thursday. All is well now right? WRONG!

I call back into customer service on saturday and talk to an extremely pissy woman to inquire about my orders status. Apparently I was interrupting a side conversation with a co-worker, so after she stops giving me attitude and I repeat for the third time why I'm calling, she tells me that my order still hasn't shipped and it "might go out on Monday". So what do I do? I ask to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor gets on the phone and proceeds to tell me that the vests we ordered were no longer in stock. They WERE in stock at the time they were ordered, but since they screwed up and never processed it for a week, we get screwed over. Well on Monday I'll be sending an email detailing just how much Galls sucks and can't be trusted to all the dept purchasing agents around here.

Ok....ending rant.....needed to vent about yet another shitty vendor that can't get their act together.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I quit ordering from Gall's after they were investigated by the feds for selling NVG's without proper paperwork.  There's plenty of good dealers who keep their shit straight and treat their customers right.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
i stopped ordering from gall's when they started charging sales tax.

fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had a problem or issue with Gall's.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I like www.copquest.com or GTs.

There is a guy on www.glocktalk.com in the Cop Talk section that sells gear. I hear he is good to go.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a big fan of Galls either, but they did nothing to me. I don't like them because of the parent company Aramark. They had the food services contract at my jail and they sucked. Cutting corners is to be expected, but the things  this company did were borderline criminal. And several of their emplyees ended up getting fired for smuggling or for having inappropriate contact with inmates.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
No problem with my order, I ALWAYS call my orders in to ANY vendor I buy from and I think it alleviates a lot of issues. Already recieved mine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Try streichers.

They are a sponser here and have always been great to me.

Used by a lot of departments in Minnesota and they also do a lot of civilian sales.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered a IIIA vest as an extra for my off duty active shooter gear from Galls on a Sunday at 0100 hours.  
Received an email shortly afterwards confirming order.  Said vest arrived by Wednesday via FedEx.  
This was my first order from Galls, and was completely handled over the interwebz.   To each their own,
sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top