Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:45:37 AM EDT
I have always used the regular Chrome with Foamed Vinyl Grip. It is all steel and heavy compared to the Airweight ASP Batons. There are a view deputy's that have switched to this already, but in the ASP Law Enforcement catalog it says this about the Airweight models.

Airweight and DuraTec Batons weigh 45% less than steel models. They are not recommended for uniform duty use

Our dept's certified ASP Instructor is out and I can't get through to ASP to ask. Does anyone know why they put this information in the catalog about not using the Airweight for uniform duty use?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Try hitting your self with a pencil.

Lack of weight sure doesn't help with the blunt force.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I got hit on my calf mussel with the training baton back when I went through the ASP Training Course and it hurt like a bitch. I am not billy bad ass or anything, but I am not a pussy either. The training batons we used was the RedMan Training Batons.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've also heard the airweights tend to bend easier.  Basically you use them once and buy a new one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I turned mine back in after we got tasers...  I miss my hammer/pry bar/putter
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Same shit here.  At quals they give us the steel ones to do DT.  Aluminum ones are what we use for everyday carry.  

Hmmmmm!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top