Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2007 5:50:45 AM EDT
I'm looking to break into a LE career, and I'm trying to determine which departments I should be applying to.   Any LEO's in the greater SF bay area have an unofficial opinion on where I should be focusing my attention?

A little info about myself:
26 years old, white, male, 9 year Army Veteran with a Signal background

Specifically:
1. What dept's are most Vet friendly?
2. Who has their own academy?
3. Which dept. has the best professional reputation?

Any input from you all would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
San Francisco PD, Oakland PD, Alamada Country Sheriff, and San Jose PD has their own academy. None of those I mentioned are live in meaning that you can go home at night and on the weekends.

All of them are good except some have more bull shit politics than others. San Francisco rolls two person units most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
San Mateo Sherrif Dept has it mandated in their contract to always have the highest paid deputies in the Bay Area.  If one department raises salaries, San Mateo's pay goes up too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The Wife and I have discussed moving, but the kids are finally getting settled down where we are (fourth move for them in 3 years) and its the same area I grew up in, so we know the lay of the land so to speak.  

I'm pretty much looking at everything within 50 mile radius as being fair game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top