Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 7:44:14 PM EDT
I posted this in GD as well....

I remember a thread like this a while back, but now I have a specific need for these stories.  I am in a debate tomorrow about the death penalty (pro) and it came up in my group’s discussion tonight that it would be good to have a couple of narratives available about some of the most heinous of criminals to make the point clear.  

So what I’m looking for is stories of the worst bad guy you’ve ever put away.  I also need personal info (if you want to email me this that’s fine): name, rank and dept, as well as general date of the crime.  Name of the perp and victim would be very helpful as well.

I just want to have this to make a reality-based point; not a theoretical “what if a terrible person……”

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I posted this in GD as well....

I remember a thread like this a while back, but now I have a specific need for these stories.  I am in a debate tomorrow about the death penalty (pro) and it came up in my group’s discussion tonight that it would be good to have a couple of narratives available about some of the most heinous of criminals to make the point clear.  

So what I’m looking for is stories of the worst bad guy you’ve ever put away.  I also need personal info (if you want to email me this that’s fine): name, rank and dept, as well as general date of the crime.  Name of the perp and victim would be very helpful as well.

I just want to have this to make a reality-based point; not a theoretical “what if a terrible person……”

Thanks all.

You are asking for too many personal details.  Don't think you'll get too much interest.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a LEO, you just need a few names to prove a point.
Do some research on Danny Rolling. aka "the Gainesville Ripper"
Pure evil, Florida just executed him a couple days ago.
If anybody thinks that animals like this deserve to live they have a couple screws loose.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I fail to see why you need personal information from random officers for some high school debate.  I doubt you'll get anyone stupid enough to send their personal information over the internet to a stranger.

Try googling "Kenneth Macduff" or any other famous murderer.  All the material you will ever need.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Steven Avery case takes nother nasty turn
the milwaukee journal sentinel ^

Posted on 03/02/2006 7:36:55 PM PST by hercuroc

Avery's nephew helped him rape, murder woman, prosecutor says 16-year-old charged in death of Teresa Halbach By TOM HELD

Photo/Jeffrey Phelps

Steven Avery (right) and his nephew Brendan Dassey (left) sit at a kitchen table with Avery's parents before Steven Avery's arrest last November.

Steven Avery

Criminal Complaint State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery (pdf)

Archived Coverage Archive: Coverage of the search and investigation of Teresa Halbach's death

Avery Background 9/11/03: Steven Avery tastes his first freedom in more than 17 years 10/12/04: Suit filed over wrongful conviction

A 16-year-old nephew of Steven Avery was charged today with helping to rape and murder Teresa Halbach in Avery's bedroom as she pleaded for her life, then taking part in burning her body.

Brendan Dassey was charged today with three counts: Party to the crime of first-degree intentional homicide, party to the crime of mutilation of a corpse and party to the crime of first-degree sexual assault.

According to Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz, Dassey heard screams coming from his uncle's trailer, as he approached to deliver a letter.

Halbach's screams for help became louder as he approached, Kratz said. After knocking, the boy waited until Avery came to the door. His uncle, covered in sweat, then asked the youth if he wanted to participate in raping Halbach, Kratz said.

Walking into the trailer, Dassey saw the young woman shackled to the bed, and heard her again begging for her life, Kratz said.

Avery directed his nephew to rape the woman, the prosecutor said. Dassey did so, while Avery watched from a doorway. The older man then complimented the 16-year-old.

Kratz said the pair went to another room, where Avery described to his nephew his plans to kill Halbach. He retrieved a butcher knife from the kitchen and stabbed Halbach in the stomach.

Again directing his nephew, Avery gave him the knife and told him to cut Halbach's throat, which he did, Kratz said.

The pair then burned the body, Kratz said.

Dassey will make his initial appearence tomorrow.

Kratz said that Avery, who is already facing charges of first-degree intentional homicide and mutilation of a corpse in the death, would also be charged with first-degree sexual assault and false imprisonment. Avery is in court again on the charges on March 17.

The prosecutor said Avery had called Auto Trader Magazine that morning and asked for a woman to be sent out to take a picture of a truck he had for sale. Avery asked for the same woman, Hallbach, who had been out at his property previously.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I fail to see why you need personal information from random officers for some high school debate.  I doubt you'll get anyone stupid enough to send their personal information over the internet to a stranger.

As opposed to citing "the internet told me so?"  I nned the info to be credible.  It's not a high school debate, but whatever, thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As opposed to citing "the internet told me so?"  I nned the info to be credible.  It's not a high school debate, but whatever, thanks for your help.

Sorry, but Johninaustin is right.   I don't believe anyone is trying to be rude.   There are plenty of good resources avail from trusted sources on the Internet.  

Look up BTK.   Serial Killer in Wichita KS.   KS didn't have death penalty, however he'd certainly be a good candidate for it.  Dennis Rader is BTK

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/btk/index_1.html
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Steven Avery case takes nother nasty turn
the milwaukee journal sentinel ^

Posted on 03/02/2006 7:36:55 PM PST by hercuroc

Avery's nephew helped him rape, murder woman, prosecutor says 16-year-old charged in death of Teresa Halbach By TOM HELD

Photo/Jeffrey Phelps

Steven Avery (right) and his nephew Brendan Dassey (left) sit at a kitchen table with Avery's parents before Steven Avery's arrest last November.

Steven Avery

Criminal Complaint State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery (pdf)

Archived Coverage Archive: Coverage of the search and investigation of Teresa Halbach's death

Avery Background 9/11/03: Steven Avery tastes his first freedom in more than 17 years 10/12/04: Suit filed over wrongful conviction

A 16-year-old nephew of Steven Avery was charged today with helping to rape and murder Teresa Halbach in Avery's bedroom as she pleaded for her life, then taking part in burning her body.

Brendan Dassey was charged today with three counts: Party to the crime of first-degree intentional homicide, party to the crime of mutilation of a corpse and party to the crime of first-degree sexual assault.

According to Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz, Dassey heard screams coming from his uncle's trailer, as he approached to deliver a letter.

Halbach's screams for help became louder as he approached, Kratz said. After knocking, the boy waited until Avery came to the door. His uncle, covered in sweat, then asked the youth if he wanted to participate in raping Halbach, Kratz said.

Walking into the trailer, Dassey saw the young woman shackled to the bed, and heard her again begging for her life, Kratz said.

Avery directed his nephew to rape the woman, the prosecutor said. Dassey did so, while Avery watched from a doorway. The older man then complimented the 16-year-old.

Kratz said the pair went to another room, where Avery described to his nephew his plans to kill Halbach. He retrieved a butcher knife from the kitchen and stabbed Halbach in the stomach.

Again directing his nephew, Avery gave him the knife and told him to cut Halbach's throat, which he did, Kratz said.

The pair then burned the body, Kratz said.

Dassey will make his initial appearence tomorrow.

Kratz said that Avery, who is already facing charges of first-degree intentional homicide and mutilation of a corpse in the death, would also be charged with first-degree sexual assault and false imprisonment. Avery is in court again on the charges on March 17.

The prosecutor said Avery had called Auto Trader Magazine that morning and asked for a woman to be sent out to take a picture of a truck he had for sale. Avery asked for the same woman, Hallbach, who had been out at his property previously.

The sicker part is that Avery was in jail for a crime he now supposedly didn't commit, then was released. I think some UW program did some DNA testing from his old case and got him released from prison. I remeber on the news "innocent man finally released from jail". Then he goes and does this. Wouldn't it feel great being one of the people that helped exonerate Avery of his first supposed crime (I somehow still think, DNA aside, that he was quite possibly guilty of that crime).

Heres a link, surprised they haven't taken it down- www.wislawjournal.com/archive/2005/0914/avery.html

Excuse me if some of my facts are wrong, but I just took most of this from what I remember from the local news.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Here are many articles by Massad Ayoob (link) with many of them about bad guy encounters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top