BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People cry about personal responsibility for everything except traffic violations.

Why should someone be responsible and pay for something even when they have not broken the law?

- Did i say they should plead guilty if they haven't broken the law?

Should someone who is arrested for that, just "man up" and "be responsible" when they are following the letter of the law?
See above.

The entire point behind my post is that people cry about others taking responsibility for their actions, but when it comes to something like a traffic offense, they are the first ones crying that the ticket is only for "revune" and seek everyway under the sun to get out of the ticket.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Obviously OFFascist you are choosing to pick the parts of the TTC that you want to further your discussion.  Here is the answer that you are looking for.....Drive like hell and use the speed limits that are posted as a 'guideline' during your travels.  Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
This was from his link to
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/comments.asp?state=TX&city=Franklin&st=23779

Other's Comments - 2/2006 - I got popped this weekend; even though, admittedly by the officer that I was going slower than the truck I was following. I had my cruise set on 72, as the posted limit for that time of night was 65. I let off the cruise control at didn’t apply the brakes, the ticket is $200 for a 70 in a 60, and the cop became infuriated when I insisted this was a speed trap after I knew he had no intent of issuing a warning. Any details regarding fighting this would be helpful, I am more than happy to contact the ACLU, the press, and bring my attorney to court.

I’ve got $10 bucks that says the truck ahead of me was a local that the police officer didn’t want to stop.

I am also writing my state officials... if you have any details please email me.

It is just like all of you have said.

Invisiblesoul

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/comments.asp?state=TX&city=Franklin&st=23779

Other's Comments - 2/2006 - I got popped this weekend; even though, admittedly by the officer that I was going slower than the truck I was following. I had my cruise set on 72, as the posted limit for that time of night was 65. I let off the cruise control at didn’t apply the brakes, the ticket is $200 for a 70 in a 60, and the cop became infuriated when I insisted this was a speed trap after I knew he had no intent of issuing a warning. Any details regarding fighting this would be helpful, I am more than happy to contact the ACLU, the press, and bring my attorney to court.

I’ve got $10 bucks that says the truck ahead of me was a local that the police officer didn’t want to stop.

I am also writing my state officials... if you have any details please email me.

Invisiblesoul

Boy that $200 ticket is going to get expensive at this rate....especially for someone who admits to traveling over the posted speed limt!!  

Maybe we should invite an officer from that city to this board so they can explain their criminal actions!!

What a moron.  If you're reading this post.....SLOW DOWN NEXT TIME!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Invisiblesoul

OK time for a common sense check.  Do you have more money than brains?
Writing State Officials, News media, and the ACLU is fine if you think they care.   The News media might be your best bet.  Best time to contact them is when the news is really slow.  Then this might be "newsworthy".    I'm sure you can find an attorney who would be willing to take your case.   Expect it to take a long time and you better keep current on his or her billable hours.  Yes it sux.   My wife got a ticket (guilty as all get out) and asked me what I could do about it.   I told her that I would give her some of my  allowance to help her pay for it.  And some professional advice too.  I told her to "Slow down Honey,  I kinda like having you around." (That's what I consider professional courtesy

Best of luck to you in whatever route you choose to follow.  I'll understand if you are now one of the converts to COP Bashing on these boards.  Just remember to Buckle Up. & Drive Safely.

Sincerely,
Officer Friendly

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Translation: I have family members who are LEO's therefore I should not be ticketed for my behavior.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Invisiblesoul

Boy that $200 ticket is going to get expensive at this rate....especially for someone who admits to traveling over the posted speed limt!!  

Maybe we should invite an officer from that city to this board so they can explain their criminal actions!!hat

+1
Your daily mantra

I don't believe in your so called-traffic laws-
I must take no responsibilty for my actions.
Everyone else is out to get me because *insert racial/economic/political bigotry here*
Subscription cancelled!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top