Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:42:43 PM EDT
Just got word from the Chief... he said that he was "Respectfully declining my application" and cited our current understaffed condition.

He wasn't even snyde about it, and said that he "appreciated my willingness to volunteer" as he handed back the app.

Thought about explaing about the OT/staffing reimbursement, but we've had a hard enough time finding folks to work the one short shift without holdovers as it is.

Oh well. "They also serve who sit and wait".  

To those of you who go - stay safe bros.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't feel bad, I got the word LAST MONDAY that I was going.  Well, here I sit on my FAT ASS waiting for the word to ship out.

In fact, I have been on "stand by" since last Tuesday, have not even been to work to work my regular shift.

Good news tonight though, looks like we are FINALLY headed out Thursday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I forwarded my request to my Chief today when I got the emaili from the FOP.

I'll probably get told the same thing as Tango7 but, I put in the possibility that I'd be willing to burn vacation time if they'd just schedule me the time off.

Anybody hearing of transportation arrangements? I don't even know if my agency would provide me a cruiser and gas card. hell, I'd even take the old rat-mobile they have for UC work to get down there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The FEMA release said something about "retaining receipts for reimbursement". Don;t know if they'll pick up the fuel expenses or not.

If I had positive word that FEMA was paying for the OT neccessary to fill our team's slots while we were gone, I'd push the issue harder.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
DON'T FEEL BAD....

I just got the call to "Stand Down" after eight days of sitting and waiting.  Apparently the situation is soo screwed up, our department got tired of "waiting on the call" and returned all of us to our regular shifts.

I am starting to hear of other LE folks showing up in LA and MS w/no clear objective, no clear leadership, etc.  I am no disaster response expert by no means, but I just can't believe that it is that disorganized.  But then agin, if there was no prior plan, I guess that's why.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
still waiting here.  got my shots yesterday...still waiting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top