Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 6:19:30 PM EDT
I have a T&E unit in my car, I usually run a simple red/blue two head unit intalled right behind the rearview. This think throws a ton of light out, and has two heads angled out at 45 degrees for intersection coverage. Also has two take downs (35w Halogen) that, while not impressive during the day, really helps at night.

I have very little trouble getting folks to yield with this setup.

I'm gonna hate sending this back.

I could'nt get all the leds to be lit at once, essentially the entire length of the bar is led heads...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool! They look great. Waterford Police in my neck of the woods have a few, but I've never seen them in action.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I use a dual unit red/blue just like yours.    Same car, same color.   Yours is newer I suspect.  Mine is a 1995 with 133,000 miles and a new motor and transmission.

Do you use wigwags for your headlights?  I also thinking about a four corner strobe system for the head lights/tail lights to increase visibility.   What do you think AZ ?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
AZ, that's some good light output.  Do you have any pics at the from the sides where the visor projects out at 45 deg??
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
How low profile is it turned off?  Does the upper window tint completely obscure it?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
We just put those in our traffic and supervisor cars, real nice product
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AZ, that's some good light output.  Do you have any pics at the from the sides where the visor projects out at 45 deg??

This is about the best I could do.

Quoted:
Cool, I use a dual unit red/blue just like yours.    Same car, same color.   Yours is newer I suspect.  Mine is a 1995 with 133,000 miles and a new motor and transmission.

Do you use wigwags for your headlights?  I also thinking about a four corner strobe system for the head lights/tail lights to increase visibility.   What do you think AZ ?

50K 2001 (spends 8 hours a day idling)

For some reason, my department does not like strobes, although they would be the best product for the corner lights. I currently have nothing. Most of our intersections (light controlled) have a system installed that gives you a green if you have a strobe programmed with the correct flash pattern, yet yet they wont install one on my car...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like we are working for sister cities, doesn't it.   Here is my car.  The blue light flashes 90 BPM while the red is steady.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top