Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 1:32:45 PM EDT
I just put in my letter of resignation today.  I'm not going to be a Corrections Officer anymore.  I just got sick of watching the same 72 fucks every day and trying to keep them from breaking the rules, especially when 36 of them are out at one time for their dayroom.  Talk about being stressed out.  Two of those fuckers tried cheeking their medications yesterday too.  God, it drives me nuts.  The main training officer told me that it was a good time to get out though, because the inmate to staff ratio is going to get much worse.  She told me it wouldn't even be remotely safe. Man.

I figure I will go back to school and maybe apply at a PD at or around Phoenix when I turn 21.  I still want to give that a go.  I hope that works out.  Oh, and my girlfirend of 2.5 years just broke up with me a few days ago.  Just not a good week.

Anyway, I just had to share and get a little of this stress off of my chest.  At least I will have another fresh start.  

I have a new found respect for Corrections Officers now too.  I don't understand how some of them are able to do it so well, and am amazed by their abilities.  God bless you guys (and gals).
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Reading your post just made me laugh...not at your bad week or job, just brought back memories of working the jail.  I feel ya.  At least in my situation there was a light at the end of the tunnel (patrol.)

Hope your week goes better and good luck finding a new job!

At least you are not sitting around whining like so many unhappy broke-d**ks do, you are taking the step foreward.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel for you also.  I worked our county jail for three years before hitting the street.  The jail at the time (they built a new one since) only had six officers and the average inmate count was around 80 during the week and would peak around 120 or so on the weekends.  Most of the time this was covered by ONE officer.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit, man, there's billboards up all over Phoenix practically begging for people to apply for the Phoenix PD.

Give it a go.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shit, man, there's billboards up all over Phoenix practically begging for people to apply for the Phoenix PD.

Give it a go.

I'm planning on trying for Gilbert PD, and maybe Phoenix.  I just got to turn 21 first (I just turned 20)
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
At least you realized your mistake before you invested too much time.
Imagine putting ten years in before deciding it sucked?
We'll make a JBT of you yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
TURN BACK NOW, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!

(just kidding)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top