Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2021 12:05:19 AM EDT
Apparently democrats can support riots but Republicans cannot.  

https://www.lawofficer.com/democrat-rep-cori-bush-criticized-for-defending-st-louis-jailhouse-riot/

T. LOUIS — Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., is facing criticism for her tacit approval to a riot Saturday at a downtown St. Louis jail after showing disapproval during the Capitol riot.

Inmates rioted over a variety of concerns, setting fires, smashing windows and throwing debris to the street below. It took corrections officers almost eight hours to end the “extremely violent” disturbance.

But the Missouri congresswoman tweeted a statement of support for the rioters, saying she would work to address their grievances, which include safety fears due to the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News reported.

“I want to talk to my constituents in the window,” Bush tweeted, referring to the inmates. “Their lives and their rights must be protected. My team and I are working to ensure that the urgent needs of people who are incarcerated are not ignored.”

A quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. that Bush included in her tweet also raised some eyebrows: “A riot is the language of the unheard.”

Bush’s comments drew a polarized response, with some thanking Bush for “listening” and for “not forgetting” about her constituents behind bars.

Some even outright said they agreed with Bush’s sentiment.

Others, however, felt her words did not ring the same tone following the deadly U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6. Bush said that “our country deserves better” after accusing President Donald Trump of inciting the violence, according to her own words.

“I think that argument fell out of favor about 32 days ago …,” Will Truman of the Ordinary Times tweeted about Bush’s remarks, drawing a comparison to the Capitol riot.

“Exactly a month ago you were saying riots were dangerous and a threat to democracy,” tweeted another user. “Good to know that riots are OK now.”

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Rep, I'm gonna use that MLK quote.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
White man's law don't apply.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Criminals definitely are the democrats constituency.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top