Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2020 9:14:50 PM EDT
Clown world.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconson-police-chief-officer-fired

A Wisconsin police chief on Monday said he sees no reason why one of his officers who was cleared in the shooting of a Black teen earlier this year should be fired.

Joseph Mensah, who is also Black, fatally shot Alvin Cole, 17, on Feb. 2 outside the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa. Cole was the third person killed by Mensah in his five years with the Wauwatosa Police Department.

Mensah was cleared in the Cole shooting, igniting several days of recent protests. In a 14-page letter, Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said Cole fled from authorities while carrying a stolen 9mm handgun. He said the teen fired a shot while fleeing and ignored commands to drop the weapon.

Despite being cleared of wrongdoing, the Wauwatosa Police and Fire Commission is considering terminating Mensah.

Former U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic was hired by the commission to conduct an independent investigation to look into a complaint filed by the family of one of the men Mensah previously killed.

Biskupic recommended Mensah be fired because he poses the risk of killing someone else.

"Joseph Mensah's been cleared by the district attorney in three different cases and there's been no reason up until this point and none that I can see that he should be removed from the force," police Chief Barry Weber said Monday during a virtual news briefing. "He has acted legally and lawfully in all previous actions that I'm aware of."

Mayor Dennis McBride declined to say where he stands on Mensah's employment status.

“I’m not a police officer, I’m not a psychologist. I’m a mayor, I’m a lawyer. Those things don’t qualify me to judge (the) fitness of police officers,” McBride said.

Mensah joined the force in 2015. He previously fatally shot Alberto Gonzales after he refused to drop a sword in 2015. In 2016, he shot Jay Anderson Jr. in a car parked in a park after hours after he said he thought he saw Anderson reaching for a gun on the passenger seat.

He was cleared in both instances.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That's why all those dumb fucks are rioting!?
A guy points gun at officer, officer kills guy, officer gets fired, LET'S GO RIOT!!!!
You're right OP, fucking clown world.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Clown world.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconson-police-chief-officer-fired

A Wisconsin police chief on Monday said he sees no reason why one of his officers who was cleared in the shooting of a Black teen earlier this year should be fired.

Joseph Mensah, who is also Black, fatally shot Alvin Cole, 17, on Feb. 2 outside the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa. Cole was the third person killed by Mensah in his five years with the Wauwatosa Police Department.

Mensah was cleared in the Cole shooting, igniting several days of recent protests. In a 14-page letter, Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said Cole fled from authorities while carrying a stolen 9mm handgun. He said the teen fired a shot while fleeing and ignored commands to drop the weapon.

Despite being cleared of wrongdoing, the Wauwatosa Police and Fire Commission is considering terminating Mensah.

Former U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic was hired by the commission to conduct an independent investigation to look into a complaint filed by the family of one of the men Mensah previously killed.

Biskupic recommended Mensah be fired because he poses the risk of killing someone else.

"Joseph Mensah's been cleared by the district attorney in three different cases and there's been no reason up until this point and none that I can see that he should be removed from the force," police Chief Barry Weber said Monday during a virtual news briefing. "He has acted legally and lawfully in all previous actions that I'm aware of."

Mayor Dennis McBride declined to say where he stands on Mensah's employment status.

"I'm not a police officer, I'm not a psychologist. I'm a mayor, I'm a lawyer. Those things don't qualify me to judge (the) fitness of police officers," McBride said.

Mensah joined the force in 2015. He previously fatally shot Alberto Gonzales after he refused to drop a sword in 2015. In 2016, he shot Jay Anderson Jr. in a car parked in a park after hours after he said he thought he saw Anderson reaching for a gun on the passenger seat.

He was cleared in both instances.
View Quote
Oops! Not GD

(removed)
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
This officer clearly should not have encountered so many violent felons.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This officer clearly should not have encountered so many violent felons.
View Quote

Sounds like a good officer who goes looking for bad guys....and finds them. And their “expert” recommends firing that officer.

This is a good example of why we have “smile and wave” policing. For many agencies, doing proactive police work gets you in trouble but doing the the bare minimum is all it takes to stay employed till retirement. Doing the bare minimum is being rewarded.

I am pleasantly surprised the Chief is backing the officer and the mayor isn’t totally against the officer either. There is a movement in police management training to get rid of officers who are involved in deadly use of force incidents regardless of whether or not the incident was justified.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
He is a jinx!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s going to set them up for a massive lawsuit payout to the officer if they fire him.  Funny how they only care about one-way payouts and liability to others, but not to officers.  But, such is the way of the world and modern day politics.  Police are political scapegoats.  Good on the mayor though for at least saying he’s not qualified to make that determination.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The movie "Idiocracy" was a futuristic vision & Documentary.

Best thing about this case is that the Officer involved  is a person of 'Color' (other than peach).
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds like a good officer who goes looking for bad guys....and finds them. And their "expert" recommends firing that officer.

This is a good example of why we have "smile and wave" policing. For many agencies, doing proactive police work gets you in trouble but doing the the bare minimum is all it takes to stay employed till retirement. Doing the bare minimum is being rewarded.

I am pleasantly surprised the Chief is backing the officer and the mayor isn't totally against the officer either. There is a movement in police management training to get rid of officers who are involved in deadly use of force incidents regardless of whether or not the incident was justified.

View Quote
This right here.
Kudos to both, at great risk of their own careers. It's refreshing to see people at the helm do what they are supposed to do.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a retired federal agent with seven line of duty fatal shootings.  I used to know a Highway Patrol officer (long passed away) who held the record in our state with 17 line of duty fatal shootings in a fifty year career.

Frank Hamer, had fifty to seventy line of duty fatal shootings (including Bonnie and Clyde, who killed nine law enforcement officers, IIRC).

Some criminals just need to be shot to death.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know a retired federal agent with seven line of duty fatal shootings.  I used to know a Highway Patrol officer (long passed away) who held the record in our state with 17 line of duty fatal shootings in a fifty year career.

Frank Hamer, had fifty to seventy line of duty fatal shootings (including Bonnie and Clyde, who killed nine law enforcement officers, IIRC).

Some criminals just need to be shot to death.
View Quote

I went to a training class quite a few years ago with an officer from Gary Indiana. He said he had been in 11 on duty shootings. Don’t know the outcome of them though.

Good officers will find bad guys and sometimes, bad guys resist resulting in their deaths.....and occasionally the officer’s death too
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
If a criminal is gonna get shot by the police might as well be someone who is good at it.

Some cops just get in alot of shootings.

This guy just happens to have ice water in his veins and when the shit goes down he takes care of business.

I have seen many videos of cops spraying bullets and not hitting anything, This guy is good at remaining calm under stress.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Apparently the city decided to pay the officer $130k to leave.  Guess you can do everything right and still lose your job. Good fucking job to the citizens of Wauwatosa for electing such a bunch of dipshits to your city council.

At least the officer didn’t get totally screwed for doing his job.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/wauwatosa-police-officer-joseph-mensah-to-be-paid-at-least-45k-as-he-resigns-from-police-department

WAUWATOSA — Wauwatosa Police Officer Joseph Mensah will be leaving the department with a considerable paycheck as he resigns this month.

On Tuesday, the City of Wauwatosa announced that Mensah agreed to resign from the police department, effective Nov. 30, as part of a separation agreement.

Mensah was involved in three police shootings in the past five years: the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Alvin Cole at Mayfair Mall last February; the fatal shooting of Antonio Gonzales in 2015; and the fatal shooting of Jay Anderson Jr. in 2016. The shooting of Alvin Cole, and the decision to not charge Mensah in it, sparked massive protests across the Milwaukee area, with many calling the city to fire Mensah.

On Wednesday, the city released Mensah's resignation agreement and release of claims, which details among other things, any financial benefits Mensah will get following his resignation. The agreement was signed by Mensah, dated 11/16/2020.

According to the agreement, Mensah is entitled to all unused and unpaid accrued vacation ($3,687.22), accruing vacation ($4,224.94), overtime ($2,421.66), professional leave ($322.63) and longevity per his bargaining agreement through the date of resignation. Mensah is also entitled to all pay earned but not paid through the date of his resignation on Nov. 30.

The city has also agreed to pay Mensah severance payments equivalent to 13 months' pay through Dec. 31, plus Mensah's share of the cost of health insurance continuation. That adds up to $19,500 in deferred compensation and a one-time severance payment of $15,000. Both payments will be taxed as required by law.

The previous payments from the city to Mensah add up to a total of at least $45,156.45. Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride tells TMJ4 News that the severance, along with benefits, adds up to nearly $130,000, to be paid to Mensah.

"That sounds like a good amount of money, but it actually is probably less than what the city would spend paying for his attorneys' fees and our attorneys' fees if we went through hearing at the police and fire commission," says McBride.

The agreement also requires that Mensah releases and discharges the city and its employees from "any and all grievances, claims, demands, rights, damages, costs, losses, suits, actions, causes of action, attorney's fees and expanses of any nature whatsoever."

Mensah also agrees to dismiss his pending claim regarding his suspension from the Police and Fire Commission.

The city said in Tuesday's announcement regarding the resignation that it hopes the Police and Fire Commission will meet as soon as possible to dismiss the charges pending against Officer Mensah, as he will no longer be an employee of the City of Wauwatosa.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top