Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 3:27:25 PM EDT
Drinks are on me, I'm buying this round. Apparently, my bosses were still extremely hung over from the Christmas Party this morning, because their collective 'wisdom" and judgement has deserted them. With less than a month to spare on my eligibility list, they decided to promote me to Sergeant on Thursday. The ceremony will be followed by a bonfire, where I burn my desk, Hawaiian shirts and the incriminating photos that got me my promotion. I'll be back on the streets, running a Patrol Sector early next month, after supervisor training. Please wish me luck, and have one on me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! [beer]

Wait....did I just congratulate a cop?  [:D]
Anyway -- Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't look at it as a promotion, consider it more chances to catch the blame.[:D]

All kidding aside, CONGRATS!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]
No kidding!  Congratulations! Now you will understand the horrors of being in charge of a bunch of guys just like you. [:D]

I suggest shopping for armored underwear at the After Christmas sales.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats Natez!
How long have you been on?  The first year will be the hardest.  Going from being one of the guys, to leading the ones that have been on duty before you were born.
You are now THE ANSWER MAN!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Great, another one to shut down pursuits they "hear" on the radio. [rolleyes]
[:D]
Congrats. But dont burn those pics just yet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations!  What assignment are you leaving for the Sgt slot?
Art in KY
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

... a bonfire, where I burn my desk, Hawaiian shirts and the incriminating photos that got me my promotion. I'll be back on the streets, running ...

View Quote

... Sounds like a party I would like to be invited to!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been doing homeland security-type stuff for the last couple years, with a healthy dose of policy, training, the department armory and procurement thrown in. I was a patrol grunt for three years before that, with another few years of patrol at a major state university. I have been #1 on the list since last Decemeber, and was about to "die" on my current list. I was almost through the new year's promotional process, where it looked like I was going to come out #2, and probably die on that list, too.

Luckily, I am going back to same general patrol area I had before, which is good; the rest of the city has grown so much that I would get lost. They also just put MCTs and a mobile reports system in all of the cars on patrol, and I know nothing about the new system. The relatively good news is that the sector I am getting doesn't have any really green rookie types in it, but dealing with vets will likely have its own challenges. These guys all have good repuations, and have always been top-notch when I worked with them in the past on special assignments, so I don't forsee any problems.

Thanks for all of the congratulations.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
feed the eagles and starve the turkeys, have fun back in patrol and stay safe out there!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats on the promotion, I just had a beer for ya.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Enjoy the promotion day and a great holiday season, you will do fine, but I doubt you will need a plastic cup for the car, the amount of driving you will do it will be a waste of $1.25 for the cup [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top