Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2018 9:07:59 PM EDT
I know of an ex sheriff's deputy that left the dept and now teaching some kind of LEO classes at a local HS.  Seems to be doing well and I heard the district offered to help pay if he went for his masters, so he's got a 4 year degree already.

Anybody doing this?

I'm hoping kids taking these classes are well behaved and not a PITA.  Anywho just curious.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be on death row the week after they put me in a high school.

No trial-straight to a cell.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of retired cops teach Criminal Justice classes in HS. They're often connect to LE Explorers as well.

Personally, I became a teacher after I retired from the Navy. Troops to Teachers is a great program.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Not LEO and not retired but I headed up a Fire Safety and EMT program for the local career center compact. Was involved with a failed inner city program in the past.

Going to be a lot of difference based community demographics and school support. I can try and answer any specific you may have.

For reference, I'm not employed by the school.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of retired cops teach Criminal Justice classes in HS. They're often connect to LE Explorers as well.

Personally, I became a teacher after I retired from the Navy. Troops to Teachers is a great program.
View Quote
I have never heard of a high school offering criminal justice classes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Often times the are called Criminal Science and involve law review, tactics, and crime scene investigation. Meant to be a primer for a career as an LEO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The best teachers are the ones with real life experience.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The rich high school near here does that.

It's more forensics / science oriented.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top