Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2018 9:07:59 PM EDT
I know of an ex sheriff's deputy that left the dept and now teaching some kind of LEO classes at a local HS.  Seems to be doing well and I heard the district offered to help pay if he went for his masters, so he's got a 4 year degree already.

Anybody doing this?

I'm hoping kids taking these classes are well behaved and not a PITA.  Anywho just curious.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be on death row the week after they put me in a high school.

No trial-straight to a cell.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of retired cops teach Criminal Justice classes in HS. They're often connect to LE Explorers as well.

Personally, I became a teacher after I retired from the Navy. Troops to Teachers is a great program.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Not LEO and not retired but I headed up a Fire Safety and EMT program for the local career center compact. Was involved with a failed inner city program in the past.

Going to be a lot of difference based community demographics and school support. I can try and answer any specific you may have.

For reference, I'm not employed by the school.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of retired cops teach Criminal Justice classes in HS. They're often connect to LE Explorers as well.

Personally, I became a teacher after I retired from the Navy. Troops to Teachers is a great program.
View Quote
I have never heard of a high school offering criminal justice classes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Often times the are called Criminal Science and involve law review, tactics, and crime scene investigation. Meant to be a primer for a career as an LEO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The best teachers are the ones with real life experience.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The rich high school near here does that.

It's more forensics / science oriented.
Top Top