Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2018 6:05:28 PM EDT
My neighbors house was broken in at about 3am this morning. They are out of town on vacation so he called me to ask me to check out the damage etc. Not much of interest but some broken glass and blood where the dude cut himself. Police did make an arrest.

While I was over there I found a few items the police missed in the dark. I found a masonry twist drill bit with the insert on the tip, a hollow ~1/2" dia x 4" long glass tube with something stuffed in one end and a couple of dollars in coins plus on loose cigarette. I called the police back and had a patrolman pick up the property for the guy.

The drill bit has gotten my attention. I think I know why he had it...Why would he have a 3/8" masonry bit on him?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Because crackheads carry all kind of bs in their pockets for some reason or maybe he uses it as a pushrod for his crackpipe or he grabbed it on the last lick he hit or....

J-
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
As mentioned by above guy if he's a drug addict he's just as likely to have randomly picked it up and been carrying it on him. Who knows why crackheads do what they do.

I've found some pretty random shit in people's pockets. Candy that's been in there for days/weeks, random bits of paper. Half smoked cigarettes. Cigarette butts. Tooth brushes/ used toothpicks, Etc.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe to break glass?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno, but here's a song entitled "Crackhead/Drill Bits" on Amazon...

Crackhead / Drill Bits
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Question answered by other posters. Why do you think he was carrying it OP?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Hardened metal tip to easily break glass, or he just hadn't pawned it yet.

Addicts hold on to cigarette butts to pull pieces from to filter heroin from the spoon to the needle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question answered by other posters. Why do you think he was carrying it OP?
View Quote
My best guess is that he could use it to break car windows. That seems to make the most sense to me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My best guess is that he could use it to break car windows. That seems to make the most sense to me.
View Quote
Likely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top