Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 1:40:45 PM EDT
From my studying of "AWB And LE Protection Act of 2003"

retired cops will no longer be allowed to be "gifted" hi caps and aws after retirement. Tell your pro- AWB colleagues this.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The House bill is trash. They're just trying to set us up for a "compromise."
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably the least disturbing part of the whole proposal.

Whatever you want to oppose the bill for is okay with me though, as long as you're opposing it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, from my reading, the retired leo exemption would still exist.

The language of HR 2038 ammends, adds, excludes and/or strikes out language in the current AW ban. Any other language or provisions would remain the same.

Basically, take the text of HR 2038, apply the changes to the current law, and we have the [b]new[/b] and inmproved AW ban. Same thing with S 1034.

The anti's need the backing of law enforcement and gets it by means of exemptions in gun control laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top