Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 4:02:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting statement:

"We've seized the firearms of all the police members who responded and we'll take steps to determine who fired their weapons and how many times."

In my Texas law enforcement career, when we shot bad guys, the Texas Ranger assigned to investigate just gave us a pat on the back, but never 'seized' our firearms

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to see the good guys coming out on top!  Enough tragedy already this year.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's pretty much sop here and with the RCMP getting pounded in the "court of public opinion" the last couple of years..the brass are getting paranoid I think.

From the RCMP "Secret, brass only" policy manual:

1) Constables are to be seen and not heard

2) Constables are always wrong. About everything.

3) Anytime a camera is in your face: "Constables are bad people, your baby din' do nuffin!"  Repeat as necessary.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting statement:

"We've seized the firearms of all the police members who responded and we'll take steps to determine who fired their weapons and how many times."

In my Texas law enforcement career, when we shot bad guys, the Texas Ranger assigned to investigate just gave us a pat on the back, but never 'seized' our firearms

They do now...

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
It's standard around here. It's evidence. Gets booked in just like anything else.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahhhhh, now I remember why I retired...............LEO work used to be fun in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.  Scrutiny was coming down the pike in the mid 90s and I was beginning to feel like we were going to lose the war on crime.  By 2000, I did not want to be the one going to jail for pissing someone, or their family, off by doing my job the way it was taught to me in 1975, so I finished with 25 years of service.  Now I am a campus cop, but I am the Chief, and RHIP, so it is not too bad
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting statement:

They do now...

Yep.

They took mine at the scene. I drove to the property room and they issued me a new one. Had to qualify with it before I could go back on the streets. Got mine back several weeks later with evidence numbers all over it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top