Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 1:18:46 PM EDT
Here we go again $60 million taken in for the Widows and children of the Firefighters. Now the Dept or the Union don't want to give it up. They want to hold on to it and collect interest on the money. They want to give $25 or $30,000 initial money. Then only a certain amount/year. They refuse to give single parents any money at all.
This is how they treat their own. This is how they handle the money people gave in. If it was marked for 9/11 only that money was disbursed. A SPIT into the ocean. After the children reach a certain age they will give them $50,000.
Could you believe this $60 million and they don't want to part.
I hope and pray the Widows take them to court, the federal government should get involved along with the State. I get sicker and sicker from this Crap. I hope the FDNY and UNION CHOKE on the Money. Like they really need it. The parties will be a going on over the bodies of these firefighters with the money.
THE HELL WITH ALL OF THEM give me my 3/4 I want out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely disgraceful.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you are right about the money gaining intrest. Also some of this money is sppose to go to other family members other than WTC. That is fine with me-(Even none goes to EMS and we are part of FDNY.)

Here is the problem CORRUPTION. That mone will never be given to anyone. Think about it they went from a budget of about $500,000 to $60 million. That is what I under stand. Now they want to give all family members $20,000 right away. Then $3,000 a year for life. Also $3,000 for each surviving child till age 24. At that time they get ONE lunp sum of $50,000.

If we do the math that is a drop in the bucket for 200 families. Since most of the kids will be age 24 real soon. $60 million they never had that much. They could give out $50 Million right away and the intrest on the rest will keep the fund going for a very long time.

Now why does this piss me off since I don't belong or none of my EMS Brothers and Sisters will ever see the money? I have on been told that they are talking abot TRIPS, PARTIES and other non related things including PAY or STIPENS for rhose who control the money.

See this is how they work I digress to who took all tose trips given out. Almost all were higher ups who weren't there with their families. All these people see is a way to scam their MOS. Think about it what different would it make to give an extra 80 Families money. Just because they were Unmarried trying to raise kid. That is pure GREED and wanting to keep what they can....There is a Chief Riches who I know. He has been crying and trying to care for his son's kid.

This poor kuy has lost his son, gained a child and no extra money or help from these people. I hope that the courts sort this out. That these families get their fair share and enough is kept in the kitty for other families. There must be Checks and Balances put on this money. If not in 10 yrs we will read how it was embezzeled, or just thrown away and no future FireFighter will have anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top