Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 8:49:24 PM EDT
The LAPD is currently conducting a backround investigation on me. They want the make, model, and serial number of every firearm that I own.

Do they have access to the records of firearms sales in California?

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They most certainly do have access to records on any firearms DROSed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Why?

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck through the hiring process and be safe out there!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
This is completely unconfirmed, but I've read posts by folks who said they got jacked up during LAPD's hiring process because they either had too many guns, or had 'assault rifles' registered to them.  Seems LAPD thinks gun enthusiasts are bad and doesn't really want to hire them.  Kind of like Metro-Dade not wanting ex-Airborne, Rangers, or SF because they tend to be 'too aggressive'.  Like I said, unconfirmed, but I've read it a few times.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
My background investigator said that I might be offered an academy slot in the class starting June 2. Then she called me back and asked for the serial #'s on all my guns.

What departments are hiring in gun friendly states?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top