Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 3:42:17 AM EDT
I am looking to replace some of my older packs with Camelbak Maximum gear.

Anyone know who has the best prices on these?

Also, who is using these and how do you like them. It's hard to decide on just one model, so if you can, tell me what you are using and what you are doing with it.

I have heard bad things about Blackhawk gear, but the couple I have seen and handled look good. What's the deal with Blackhawk?

Thanks in advance,

Cerberus
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Ebay?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
i bought two Maximum gear systems recently

the best civilian price i found was BOTACH.

the other one I got was about 2/3 the price in the PX at Luke Air Force Base.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at Botach and while they had a decent price, they wanted $30 shipping! Nuts!

Along with all the other bad press Botach gets I decided to pass them by. Can't seem to get a response from Lightfighter.com either, despite repeated tries.

Makes me wonder if anyone cares about their potential customers.

Tried Ebay, too, but not much in the military Camelbaks.

I'll keep looking though. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get the basic, stripped-down military model that comes with the new MOLLE gear from Specialty Defense for $34, but they have about a 1-2 month turnaround time.

try: [url]www.specialtydefense.com[/url]

Follow the links on the left to "on-line catalog" and "Misc."
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you mean $30 for shipping?  did you select Fed Ex for some reason?

I've never paid that much for shipping on anything from botach.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What do you mean $30 for shipping?  did you select Fed Ex for some reason?
View Quote

Noth that I remember. Could be, though...

I've never paid that much for shipping on anything from botach.
View Quote

What kind of service do they give you? I have heard both good and bad about Botach, but the bad all sound like horror stories, and outnumber the good...
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The bad will always outnumber the good.  People rarely complain about being happy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
My last one I ordered directly from Camelback. They sent me a military/L.E. catalog with prices (which were outstanding).
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The bad will always outnumber the good.
View Quote
 True

People rarely complain about being happy.
View Quote

True again. Ungrateful bastards...

kwb377- What kind of Camalbak are you using? Were their catalog prices better than their web site catalog?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Botach service is bad?

After confirming that Botach had G,G&G Aimpoint Rings in stock via the Live Help chat feature on their website, I place an order for two at about 2:30pm, May 2nd.  I received email notification of the shipment at 4:00pm that day.  At 1:38pm on May 3rd, they were delivered by UPS.

Less than 24 hours from order to delivery isn't bad at all.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]

What kind of service do they give you? I have heard both good and bad about Botach, but the bad all sound like horror stories, and outnumber the good...
View Quote

i've never had a problem with them.  one time they were out of a holster i was trying to get but they emailed me and allowed me to cancel my order.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I have had zero problems with Botach.  fast, cheapest prices, etc.  Of course my wife orders everything from SOCOM email so that may help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top