BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2008 4:55:03 PM EDT
Well at least not my woman.

My wife won't crap in the woods.
She won't pee in the woods.
She can't wrap her mind around the concept.
She must have a toilet.

I can't go camping with her until I figure out a solution.

What are some ways to make it easier / more hygienic specifically for a woman?
Advice?  Tips?   Equipment?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
She's just going to have to get used to it if she wants to spend any appreciable time out in the woods.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
pee like a man
lady J
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is this her way of telling you that she doesn't like camping?

The closest she's ever been to camping was a couple nights in an RV.
She assures me she would really love to camp, but must have a toilet.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
staying in a RV is not camping!!

camping is staying in a tent or taking a sleeping bag and mat and sleeping under the stars. I never had a problem squatting in the woods. but I love the outdoors life! minus the mosquito's
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
For car-camping/4-wheel camping

toilet

shower/toilet tent

Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol, my wife and sister have no fear, they go further into darker woods than I do to pee.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Being around another woman who does it unabashedly might help...
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#11]
toilet seat on a 5 galion bucket with water.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the tips.
I'll discuss some of these ideas with her and see how she feels.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#13]
every may my man and i go camping for a week. there are alot of people with us and some "girlie girls"  we bring an invalid chair. complete with seat and lid.  find a nice wooded spot  and dig a nice hole.  no splash back or getting wet spots.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Cripes.  If I had a nickle for every time I've peed in the woods...

I even keep a bucket on the boat for those times when you just gotta...

Check out a medical supply store, maybe they have those hospital thingies that she can use.  Or get a portable toilet, if she must be a girly girl.  

sigh.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Have her practice in the garage w/ a 5 gallon bucket and a hole cut in the lid...
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Beer.

Give her enough beer and she won't have a choice and she'll be too drunk to care.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Beer.

Give her enough beer and she won't have a choice and she'll be too drunk to care.  

You win
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#20]
here ya go..

portable toilet
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have her practice in the garage w/ a 5 gallon bucket and a hole cut in the lid...

here Honey, go out and shit in a bucket in the garage

And while she's in the middle of a deuce, hit the garage opener FTW
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#23]
What is her complaint does she not like peeing on her foot?  

I did that twice when I was about 6 that's when I figured it out how to do it the best way.

Always squat with your feet out as far as you can put them while still keeping your balance.

Always pee down hill this keeps the pee from puddling and splashing up on you.

Besides if you are hiding between bushes you have nothing to worry about no one should see you although you may have an issue if you pick a poison oak, sumac or ivy plant to pee on. LOL
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"We have gathered here today to morn the passing of GlockSlap......"

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 3:43:01 AM EDT
[#25]
pasting T u FERE thje hospitsal.  
Didja not goed as plannnned
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Cabelas als sells the lugable loo and the reciever hitch seat for those emergencies.  Afive gallon bucket with the bottom cut outworks well.  Dig a hole smaller then the bottom of your bucket set the bucket over the hole use it move it  cover it dig new hole and replace bucket for the next person. gotta go gotta go gotta go right f*$kn now. some times dont have time to dig new hole so have to have it pre dug.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Beer.

ETA: I am NOT a girlie girl by any means...but I need an outhouse or a port o pottie too. I did that "dig a hole" thing back in my Army days. I feel no compulsion to do it now.
Let's just say....The Novelty has worn off.....
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#28]
My woman likes to mark her territory.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#29]
i can/have/will go in the woods, but if a toilet is within range, it is preferred
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Woods is waaaaay better than a stinky old outhouse!
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Woods is waaaaay better than a stinky old outhouse!

Oh yeah!

There are some places I camped that had toilets. But you'd only use them when you absolutely have to.

My advice, find such a campground. Fresh air gets to be a lot more appealin'.

Those porta potties are nastier, IMO, after you do the deed, you still need to deal with it.

And if you really want to freak her out, there are places that are encouraging you to pack out everything you pack in. Everything. They even have special bags to deal with the odor.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine was out with me this weekend in the Matanuska Valley. We were on four-wheelers.

Stopped on an old seismic trail and she said, "Darned, I have to pee!" Off she trotted to the side of the trail, dropped them and did her business.

You just have to love an Alaska girl.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]
city girlie girlie's  find a real girl from the country you wont have a problem anymore.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#34]
You girls can pee standing up, you know? MB was good at it, including having a good aim.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't mind peeing outside, I have to do it quite often considering we go camping and fishing a lot. I, OTH, have not and don't plan to have to do a #2 outside. I have been lucky enough while camping for long periods of time to have port-o-lets available at least or drive to a local store with a restroom or something. I just can't find myself having to poop outside For our boat I just bring a 5 gallon bucket to sit on, works pretty good and easy to empty out, etc.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Funny, I've got a running total of public places I've peed at.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Details?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Peeing outside isn't an issue with me.. What IS an issue is being in the midst of the deed and your neighborly woodland creature sneaks up to see what is going on up there....

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Details?

Actually most of them were beer-induced, but the time I peed behind a local collage's tree the width of my forearm at 3 in the afternoon was simply because a guy was taking his sweet time in the gas station bathroom up the street.

It was getting to be an issue, so I dropped trou and did my thing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I now have a new sig line.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Details?

Actually most of them were beer-induced, but the time I peed behind a local collage's tree the width of my forearm at 3 in the afternoon was simply because a guy was taking his sweet time in the gas station bathroom up the street.

It was getting to be an issue, so I dropped trou and did my thing.

Excellent!
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
We stay at the Marriott, they have indoor toilets.

That was going to be my suggestion.

I prefer to do my camping at 3 star and above hotels.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 2:12:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We stay at the Marriott, they have indoor toilets.

That was going to be my suggestion.

I prefer to do my camping at 3 star and above hotels.

You like them floatin' ones.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Its funny I find a thread about this subject in the womens forum...

"Can you pee in the woods?" is the second question I ask a girl on the first date. For some reason, I dont date much beyond the first date.

I understand women have different priorities, but being (mentally) capable of pissing in the woods, desert, or outdoors should be a requirement for everyone. Refusing to perfrom natural functions like urination seems to be getting more and more normalized these days. Next thing you know, they will be refusing to perform other natural functions, like sex!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Peeing outside isn't an issue with me.. What IS an issue is being in the midst of the deed and your neighborly woodland creature sneaks up to see what is going on up there....

(Daria, peeing behind some bushes along side of the road)- "Get away from me you squirrel pervert!"
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Its funny I find a thread about this subject in the womens forum...

"Can you pee in the woods?" is the second question I ask a girl on the first date. For some reason, I dont date much beyond the first date.

I understand women have different priorities, but being (mentally) capable of pissing in the woods, desert, or outdoors should be a requirement for everyone. Refusing to perfrom natural functions like urination seems to be getting more and more normalized these days. Next thing you know, they will be refusing to perform other natural functions, like sex!

Map please.
How do you go from not liking to pee in the woods to not liking sex?

Are you one of them phreak golden shower types?
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Map please.
How do you go from not liking to pee in the woods to not liking sex?

Are you one of them phreak golden shower types?

I'm just bitter... I had an ex GF that refused to go camping with me unless the campground had flush toilets. I know there are plenty of gals that can drop trou in the wilds and not freak out about it. Besides.... it was a joke, damnit.

My freakiness does not involve urine or excrement...

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Well this is what we did in my unit during my Army stay. Take a metal chair and make the appropriate cut in it. Weld a 6 inch piece of metal rod to the topside of the chair and you have your portable toilet with TP hanger.

But to be honest. These days no room service past 6pm is roughing it for me. I've done enough camping to fill 3 lives. If it doesn't come with King sized beds, AC, hot tub in the room, room service and a bar I won't be setting up camp there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

My freakiness does not involve urine or excrement...  

It's fun to watch them pee standing up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top