Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]

<begin TMI>

Am I the only girl who likes to poop outdoors? The increadible feeling of oneness with the world as you deposit your bowel child in mother earth's fertile bosom...

Even if you don't enjoy fertilizing the great outdoors as much as I do, you have to agree that it beats public bathrooms or bucket type rigs.

The trick is to hang on to something, like a branch and take some of the strain off your legs as you squat. Best one I ever had was by hanging my butt over a low hanging branch, mother nature's toilet seat.

</TMI>

I wish I had advice on how to turn a city mouse into a country mouse, but I've failed at it with my husband. All you can do is get her to try it. Maybe take her camping at a nice park where they have showers and bathrooms?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
A pox upon Thomas Jefferson.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<begin TMI>

Am I the only girl who likes to poop outdoors? The increadible feeling of oneness with the world as you deposit your bowel child in mother earth's fertile bosom...

Even if you don't enjoy fertilizing the great outdoors as much as I do, you have to agree that it beats public bathrooms or bucket type rigs.

The trick is to hang on to something, like a branch and take some of the strain off your legs as you squat. Best one I ever had was by hanging my butt over a low hanging branch, mother nature's toilet seat.

</TMI>

Actually, the best way is to assume the normal sitting position, but do it facing uphill and put your back firmly against a large tree. You'll have both hands free, everything runs away from your feet/shoes/pants and you don't have to worry about your hand slipping which would allow you to take seat where you just took a "sheet".
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Took a girl (she was a college student, and also an employeed park ranger) camping in Colorado during college. After 2 days of camping, she was done, and paid for the condo we stayed at the rest of the week.

She too was done peeing in the woods.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Actually, the best way is to assume the normal sitting position, but do it facing uphill and put your back firmly against a large tree. You'll have both hands free, everything runs away from your feet/shoes/pants and you don't have to worry about your hand slipping which would allow you to take seat where you just took a "sheet".

A backrest eh? Sounds comfy, I need to get out to the woods and try that! Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
My pleasure; it always works great for me. Let us know how everything comes out,  

(Pics not needed on this one).
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
For car-camping/4-wheel camping

toilet

shower/toilet tent

Yup,

I recently got that exact set-up for my own use. I finally realized that if I was car camping it was stupid to keep trying to poop while leaning against a rock.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top