Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2007 12:12:27 PM EDT
After months of waiting, my CCW finally came in the mail yesterday!!!

*dances around like a giddy schoolgirl*

Well, I am a schoolgirl, and I am giddy, so I guess it's ok....

ETA: Just thought I'd share my excitement with people who will appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats , i have been thinking about getting mine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the club.  

Now you just have to figure out a way to *keep* it concealed.  How/what do you plan to carry?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Welcome to the club.  

Now you just have to figure out a way to *keep* it concealed.  How/what do you plan to carry?

Yeah, women's fashions were definitely not made for concealability.

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome to the club.  

Well, if I tell you, it won't stay concealed, will it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to the club.  

Well, if I tell you, it won't stay concealed, will it?

Ok, that was weird.

It was a serious (and common) question.  Particularly with chicks, because it's harder to conceal on a woman's frame and in a woman's fashions.  

But since you seem skiddish about it, I'll go first.  I love to shoot my Glock 23 because I like the weight of the gun, the way it fits in my hands (I've got long fingers for a chick), and I just put some new trijicon night sights on it (pretty green goodness).  It's a nifty little piece of tupperwear and it's very easy to clean (dishwasher safe! -- I kid) BUT it's a bitch to conceal especially in the summer.  NOT tank top friendly and there's no way I'm going to sweat my ass off and wear a jacket in 100 degree weather + 95% humidity.  I usually carry it in the winter IWB SS but I also have an OWB holster for open carry and for shits & giggles.  Who shits and giggles at the same time?  That seems like a really silly thing to do. hmmmm. Oh well.

SOOOOOO the little gut busting mousegun KelTec P3AT is my summer carry.  I do NOT really like to shoot the P3AT because my fingers wrap around it twice and I feel like I'm trying to scratch the palm of my hand with my index finger every time I squeeze the trigger.  NOT comfortable to hold, but much better than some harsh words and a finger in the eye should the SHTF. It slides right in the front of my waistband so it is VERY comfortable to carry and is tank top friendly so it wins in the summer months.  I kind of wonder if I'm damaging it at all by wearing it so close to my skin.  It does get a lot of sweat on it and I assume that can't be good.  Maybe I should clean it more often because of that? I could get a soft holster for it but I really don't want to add any bulk.  hmmmm off to ask some friends their advice on that cleaning sweaty issue.....

I don't like purse carry, because I don't even like carrying a purse.  I do, but it's a chore.  So my purses are really small and I only stick a little crap in them.  They're really only big enough for wallet, keys, phone and maybe a bit of girly froo froo lipstick and such.  No room for boom sticks or even boom twigs for that matter.

Anyway... again, nice to meet you & welcome to the club.  If you figure out a nifty cool new way to carry please share.  Or don't if it's uber top secret and if you tell me then you have to kill me.  'Cause I really don't care THAT much.  It's just something we pistol-packin' mommas tend to chat about.  "How are the kids? Any new recipes?  Oh dear, don't look now but you're printing!  Oooooh is that your new Sig P229? Ain't she pretty!  Oohhh lasergrip."
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
congrats!  it's gonna take about a week 2 days for you to get to the point that you feel utterly naked without your weapon...  I hate times that I can't carry...  

on the how part, though, those of us with "larger frames" can use a belly band tucked up just below the bra (sitting on the lower ribcage) - I keep my weapon sitting on my sternum, so it's concealed by the drape of my shirt from my chest, and it's comfortable to boot!  play around with some different ways - you never know what you'll like!

(and for the times I carry IWB, I use an Uncle Mike's Sidekick soft holster - almost feels like suede on the outside, so it doesn't make me sweaty...)
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
congrats!  it's gonna take about a week 2 days for you to get to the point that you feel utterly naked without your weapon...  I hate times that I can't carry...  

on the how part, though, those of us with "larger frames" can use a belly band tucked up just below the bra (sitting on the lower ribcage) - I keep my weapon sitting on my sternum, so it's concealed by the drape of my shirt from my chest, and it's comfortable to boot!  play around with some different ways - you never know what you'll like!

(and for the times I carry IWB, I use an Uncle Mike's Sidekick soft holster - almost feels like suede on the outside, so it doesn't make me sweaty...)

Thanks! That seems like it wouldn't be accessible if you had to get to it quickly...
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on joining the club

I received my CCW last year and I still haven't found the most comfortable way of carrying.  I tried in the purse but the glock 26 adds a little to much weight to such a small purse, and I don't want to carry a purse that one can put everything in including the kitchen sink.  I just need to put a wallet and keys in and I am happy.

I know I aggravate the hubby for not carrying all the time, but I am still searching for the best options.  On top of the climate here in AZ and soon to be NV, shorts and tanks are mainly what I wear.

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Carrying in a purse doesn't seem like the right choice, since purses are so often snatched...I guess it's something I will need to experiment with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I received my CCW last year and I still haven't found the most comfortable way of carrying.  I tried in the purse but the glock 26 adds a little to much weight to such a small purse, and I don't want to carry a purse that one can put everything in including the kitchen sink.  I just need to put a wallet and keys in and I am happy.

I know I aggravate the hubby for not carrying all the time, but I am still searching for the best options.  On top of the climate here in AZ and soon to be NV, shorts and tanks are mainly what I wear.

I have the same issue.  He gets after me for not carrying all the time but the clothes I wear don't conceal very well unless I wear t-shirts all the time.  Going to work I can't conceal so I take it in my purse to the car and break it down at work.  I would like to find something I can conceal in my work clothes too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the same issue.  He gets after me for not carrying all the time but the clothes I wear don't conceal very well unless I wear t-shirts all the time.  Going to work I can't conceal so I take it in my purse to the car and break it down at work.  I would like to find something I can conceal in my work clothes too.

Has anyone looked into the bra holsters? I'm not sure how large your chest needs to be in order for it to be hidden, but I'm just curious... anyone? anyone? Bueller?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has anyone looked into the bra holsters? I'm not sure how large your chest needs to be in order for it to be hidden, but I'm just curious... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

I thought about the belly band but a bra band might work..I saw a story the other night that a lady pulled a little pistol out of the top of her bra..whatever works I guess.  Oh and don't ask a man.. We are shaped different and don't understand why we aren't comfy with their way of concealing..

WTA:  I have carried mexican style before but your pants have to be tight enough that you don't drop it down the leg..
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought about the belly band but a bra band might work..I saw a story the other night that a lady pulled a little pistol out of the top of her bra..whatever works I guess.  Oh and don't ask a man.. We are shaped different and don't understand why we aren't comfy with their way of concealing..

WTA:  I have carried mexican style before but your pants have to be tight enough that you don't drop it down the leg..

Mexican style. Does that mean you wear a sombrero and bandoleros??
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't like the bra thingee. It was like wearing a sports bra and if you are ahem "ample" it makes you look like you have a uniboob. (At least it did that to me. ) I sometimes carry in my purse. Most of the time though I have an Uncle Mike's inside the waistband holster and wear it on my hip. I am really cold natured so it is not unusual for me to wear a sweater over my shirt and jeans, even in Oklahoma in the summer.

BTW, I NEVER wear my gun in the car. I take it out of the holster and lay it on the passenger side seat and cover it with my sweater, where I can get to it quickly if I need to. (That said, I travel alone alot. I DO NOT have children at home and I do not recommend leaving an unholstered, loaded gun unsupervised anywhere. YMMV)
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks! That seems like it wouldn't be accessible if you had to get to it quickly...

I almost never tuck my shirts in, and I tend to wear button-downs a lot, but even when I have on something else, it's pretty easy to reach my hand up in there...    it's pretty similar set-up to the bra bands mentioned above, except it sits just below the boobs, so your cleavage (if you show it) remains unblemished...    it all depends on the size of the gun - a C-cup should be able to hide a smaller one, like a P32 - I have DD and conceal a Kahr PM9, which is single-stack, so bigger "sets" could carry bigger weapons...  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't like the bra thingee. It was like wearing a sports bra and if you are ahem "ample" it makes you look like you have a uniboob. (At least it did that to me. ) I sometimes carry in my purse. Most of the time though I have an Uncle Mike's inside the waistband holster and wear it on my hip. I am really cold natured so it is not unusual for me to wear a sweater over my shirt and jeans, even in Oklahoma in the summer.

BTW, I NEVER wear my gun in the car. I take it out of the holster and lay it on the passenger side seat and cover it with my sweater, where I can get to it quickly if I need to. (That said, I travel alone alot. I DO NOT have children at home and I do not recommend leaving an unholstered, loaded gun unsupervised anywhere. YMMV)

Out of curiosity, why don't you ever wear in your car? Is it just for ease of access, or other reasons?

I don't wear mine in the car either.  I tuck it in the seat between me and the console so I have access to it versus having to adjust to get to it.  There have ben a couple times where I wasn't too sure about the people next to me and they didn't even know it was there so I was more comfortable.  Plus I can cover it with a shirt or hat and it looks normal.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats!

I'm loving the cooler weather...back to IWB carry for me. Office clothes kinda screw that up, so I need to get busy and get my *boom twig* Keltec P9 on my permit. XD9 SC is much too big for summer clothes.

Boom twig...I love it
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I almost never tuck my shirts in, and I tend to wear button-downs a lot, but even when I have on something else, it's pretty easy to reach my hand up in there...    it's pretty similar set-up to the bra bands mentioned above, except it sits just below the boobs, so your cleavage (if you show it) remains unblemished...    it all depends on the size of the gun - a C-cup should be able to hide a smaller one, like a P32 - I have DD and conceal a Kahr PM9, which is single-stack, so bigger "sets" could carry bigger weapons...  

I was also thinking of a getting a Kahr to wear with tighter clothing.  In the winter I wear hoodies all the time so it's easy to conceal.  In the summer though the less the better so I need something that I can tuck in and stay tucked until I need it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I tell my wife "It's here!" every night.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:33:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Something tells me she isn't quite as excited about that as I was about my CCW...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You have to tell her where it is?????

Talk about boom twig.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Carry in your bra?!?! Talk about a loaded pair!he
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:59:22 AM EDT
[#25]
You're a girl?

Guess I need to get out more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You're a girl?

Not me... (you were asking me that question, right?)
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out of curiosity, why don't you ever wear in your car? Is it just for ease of access, or other reasons?

Several lessons learned all at once, the hard way.

Take one convertible, a beautiful summer night (after 10 pm) and a post office box in the downtown area. Mix in one dumbass redhead, two homeless guys and a red light.

I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that they thought the sound of me pulling my gun from the holster was me racking the slide. And let me be the first to admit if I hadn't been fiddling with the radio I would have seen them coming long before they got there. The intersection was very well lit.

What lessons did I take from this:

1. My husband is right. I am a dumbass. There are people out there who will fuck with you just because you look easy.   Don't look easy.

2. While a gun with no round in the chamber, holstered and under the seat is better than no gun at all, this is only true if the bad guys do not call your bluff.

3. Pay attention to what is going on around you. The song on the radio that you cannot stand will not kill you.

4. Don't go down by the Jesus House at 10 pm with the top down and the radio blaring. It is just not smart. Just come home after work. The mail will be there in the morning.

This is why my gun (Colt Gold Cup) is unholstered, with a round chambered, safety on, laying on the seat next to me under a sweater, jacket, newspaper, etc.

ETA: Let me just say, adrenaline is a hell of a rush!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I started using my "holster" in the car when hubby and I were driving one night and there were only 2 cars on the road and yet the dumbass in the other car was tailgating us instead of going around us.  I was driving so he noticed before I did but when they finally came around us they stopped next to us and were looking our way.  This put both of us on point since it was about midnight and no one else was around.  Now I watch my surroundings more when driving instead of just the road.  

Plus the fact that I have my 18 mo. with me most of the time now and hubby isn't around until Nov.  I would hate to come up against someone with my son in the car.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#29]
While there is a lot of good advice already listedin this thread, I'll put in my .02c worth and say keep the gun on you in a holster/whatever, as opposed to putting it on the seat next to you, squished in between the seats or under them.....

if you hit the gas, turn or slam on the brakes hard, it won't be there anymore - when you really really need it.  If you jump out for some reason under stress, you won't remember to grab it from wherever it is now and take it with you - plus it wastes time.   Keep the gun on you if there is any way possible - experience talking...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
While there is a lot of good advice already listedin this thread, I'll put in my .02c worth and say keep the gun on you in a holster/whatever, as opposed to putting it on the seat next to you, squished in between the seats or under them.....

if you hit the gas, turn or slam on the brakes hard, it won't be there anymore - when you really really need it.  If you jump out for some reason under stress, you won't remember to grab it from wherever it is now and take it with you - plus it wastes time.   Keep the gun on you if there is any way possible - experience talking...

I thought about that and have started putting it toward the front at a comfortable angle instead of behind me in teh holster.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Your points are well taken, inspcalahan. Thanks for sharing them!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I have an OWB holster for my snubby Taurus .357. I tend to wear jeans and loose tops anyway, so it hopefully will not be an issue. I am also looking at getting something a little lower profile than a revolver, which would make it easier to conceal as well.

I have a large frame (5'11") so concealing is easier than if I were petite. I'm sure those who know how to spot CWs will be able to tell, but John Q. Public should remain clueless.

Welcome to the club!!  Nice to meet you!

I'm 5'9" and rather heavy so I find concealing easy.  I always wear a jacket (as in a suit jacket) so I carry using either a cross-over shoulder holster.  I even have some loose blousy outfits when I can carry on my hip belt without printing.  I mean I'm dumpy so no one's hardly looking anyway.  I am allowed to carry at work so I occasionally carry all day.  My carry is a Glock.  Oh, my wonderful plastic friend, how I love thee!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an OWB holster for my snubby Taurus .357. I tend to wear jeans and loose tops anyway, so it hopefully will not be an issue. I am also looking at getting something a little lower profile than a revolver, which would make it easier to conceal as well.

I have a large frame (5'11") so concealing is easier than if I were petite. I'm sure those who know how to spot CWs will be able to tell, but John Q. Public should remain clueless.

I'm 5'9" and rather heavy so I find concealing easy.  I always wear a jacket (as in a suit jacket) so I carry using either a cross-over shoulder holster.  I even have some loose blousy outfits when I can carry on my hip belt without printing.  I mean I'm dumpy so no one's hardly looking anyway.  I am allowed to carry at work so I occasionally carry all day.  My carry is a Glock.  Oh, my wonderful plastic friend, how I love thee!

Thanks Masha, nice to meet you too! I find myself having a different carriage when I'm wearing it on my hip; I have a feeling that even if people that know me didn't see the gun, they would still notice a difference...have you noticed that too? How long have you been concealing?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Masha, nice to meet you too! I find myself having a different carriage when I'm wearing it on my hip; I have a feeling that even if people that know me didn't see the gun, they would still notice a difference...have you noticed that too? How long have you been concealing?

I've been carrying concealed since I got my first CCW permit so quite a few years now.  I think after it feels really natural to you you'll stop thinking you have a different carriage because the difference will be gone.  It actually feels weird on the days I don't carry (or when I specifically have to leave it home because of where I am going on a week-end).   Oh and I have tried the leg/thigh belt and never got it to work for me.  I guess my thighs are too fat for it to work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been carrying concealed since I got my first CCW permit so quite a few years now.  I think after it feels really natural to you you'll stop thinking you have a different carriage because the difference will be gone.  It actually feels weird on the days I don't carry (or when I specifically have to leave it home because of where I am going on a week-end).   Oh and I have tried the leg/thigh belt and never got it to work for me.  I guess my thighs are too fat for it to work.

You mean the ones designed to hold the gun on the inside of the thigh above the knee, for use with a skirt or dress?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That is really good advice also. My kids laughed when I told them about this because even though they always had seatbelts on if I had to brake hard or turn fast my arm always shot out to hold whoever was in the front seat in their seat. In fact, I cold cocked GC just the other day. He was like "why do you always think I am gonna fall out of my seat?"

I have been shopping around for one of those holsters that you can have mounted to the floorboard of car.  That way the gun is holstered, but you can reach down and release it in one smooth motion.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The average sheeple sees the bulge and thinks: phone, pager, ipod, blackberry, kitchen sink, etc. anything but gun.  That's IF they even notice the bulge.    
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is really good advice also. My kids laughed when I told them about this because even though they always had seatbelts on if I had to brake hard or turn fast my arm always shot out to hold whoever was in the front seat in their seat. In fact, I cold cocked GC just the other day. He was like "why do you always think I am gonna fall out of my seat?"

I have been shopping around for one of those holsters that you can have mounted to the floorboard of car.  That way the gun is holstered, but you can reach down and release it in one smooth motion.

I was thinking of taking the temporary soft holster I got while looking for a permanent holster and clipping it into the map pocket on my car door. That way, it's secure, in easy reach and still not on me. What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#39]
That would put it on your weak side though.  Not a good place unless you are a lefty...but still, it's not advantageous for pointing out your car window.  

I would suggest finding somewhere strong-side.  I love having that cubby-hole in my truck.  

Another suggestion would be a shoulder holster rig if you are very concerned about being in a car and being able to pull it.  When in a car, if you use situational awareness and don't stop right up against the car in front, it would probably be more prudent to just punch the gas and unass the area.  That being said, holstered on your body is the best place for your gun.  What happens if  you need to get out of your car real fast, and your gun isn't strapped to you?  You will probably forget it.  

The best suggestion I have is (if it's legal!!!) keep a gun in your car (strong side preferably), and continue to CCW.  That would keep all bases covered, and be less likely to draw unnecessary attention to upholstering and relocating your firearm in your car....and allow you to keep your CCW on your person.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That would put it on your weak side though.  Not a good place unless you are a lefty...but still, it's not advantageous for pointing out your car window.  

I would suggest finding somewhere strong-side.  I love having that cubby-hole in my truck.  

Another suggestion would be a shoulder holster rig if you are very concerned about being in a car and being able to pull it.  When in a car, if you use situational awareness and don't stop right up against the car in front, it would probably be more prudent to just punch the gas and unass the area.  That being said, holstered on your body is the best place for your gun.  What happens if  you need to get out of your car real fast, and your gun isn't strapped to you?  You will probably forget it.  

The best suggestion I have is (if it's legal!!!) keep a gun in your car (strong side preferably), and continue to CCW.  That would keep all bases covered, and be less likely to draw unnecessary attention to upholstering and relocating your firearm in your car....and allow you to keep your CCW on your person.

I am a lefty, but your advice is well taken. Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The average SHEEPLE sees the bulge and thinks: phone, pager, ipod, blackberry, kitchen sink, etc. anything but gun.  That's IF they even notice the bulge.    

That's a Dave Grossman word right there - good reading......
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I first thought...

I know I get on her a little too often, but I know the day I leave it at home will be the day I need it. I am afraid it would be that way for her too, but perhaps I am being overprotective, or paranoid, or something...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
What I first thought...
img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/e83333fe.jpg

I know I get on her a little too often, but I know the day I leave it at home will be the day I need it. I am afraid it would be that way for her too, but perhaps I am being overprotective, or paranoid, or something...

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

Dem's nice titties.  I'd hate to see 'em go boom.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Quoted:
You're a girl?

NO.

I was honestly surprised to find out that Molon Labe was a chick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a good idea.
Scenario..you think you are being followed. A few right hand turns confirms you are so you try to ditch them. A couple of quick turns, curbs,etc and your gun is now who knows where in the car. Under the seat, on the floor in the back seat,etc.
If you lose control of your car, get cornered,etc..you won't have time to search the car for your gun.
You will be much better off practicing to draw from your carry holster while sitting in your car. If you can't perfect a decent draw with your current holster..find one you can.Never mind the fact if you are involved in an accident you are going to have a loaded missle flying around the interior of your car.

It is not so much the holster as it is the fact that I am short waisted and big boobed. (Think 5'4", 140 lbs. -- when I sit down the gun and holster go clear up into my armpit and it takes an Act of God and Congress to manuver.

However, I had never considered the consequences of a loose gun in a car if an accident were to happen. I just always thought I would grab it if I needed to. I am now on a concentrated effort to find one of those holsters that attach to the car permanently. I have seen them in pick-up trucks mounted to the transmission hump. Next time you hear from me, I will have one on order!! Thanks for the info and advice!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking of taking the temporary soft holster I got while looking for a permanent holster and clipping it into the map pocket on my car door. That way, it's secure, in easy reach and still not on me. What do you think?

I tried that but it didn't work very well for me. One, I shoot right-handed and drive left-handed (, who knows, but when GC took me out to show me how to execute some driving manuvers any time I had to take a hand off the wheel and drive one-handed I kept my left hand on the wheel) and two, the holster kept coming out with the gun. But since you are left-handed (did I read that here?) it might work better for you.

My take on all this is to try anything that you think might work for you, and some of the things you think won't. You never know . . . I have changed a lot of things in my shooting after trying suggestions that I really didn't think would work for me, only to find that they did, after all.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You're a girl?

NO.

I was honestly surprised to find out that Molon Labe was a chick.

Why is that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not so much the holster as it is the fact that I am short waisted and big boobed. (Think 5'4", 140 lbs. -- when I sit down the gun and holster go clear up into my armpit and it takes an Act of God and Congress to manuver.

However, I had never considered the consequences of a loose gun in a car if an accident were to happen. I just always thought I would grab it if I needed to. I am now on a concentrated effort to find one of those holsters that attach to the car permanently. I have seen them in pick-up trucks mounted to the transmission hump. Next time you hear from me, I will have one on order!! Thanks for the info and advice!!

SP1Grrrl will be along shortly to point out the error of asking me to think about your anatomy in any context..
You are welcome and good luck with the holster search.

HaHa! It is kinda hard NOT to think about my anatomy -- "The Girls" are just one of those "IN YOUR FACE" kinda things!! My kids (all boys) now that they are older tease me that I could never sneak up on the because my boobs got where I was going 10 minutes before I did!! And that commerical where the big-busted black lady is grabbing the poor kid on the roller coaster and driving his face into her chest? My boys swear that the guy that thought that commercial up actually knows me I should be getting royalties.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top